~Soulmates~ (YoshiDam)

Pairing- Kanemoto Yoshinori and Bang Yedam
Plot- YoshiDam soulmate AU
(Requested)

Yedam whole heartedly hated his new neighbour, or at least tried to. Because the way the new neighbour made him feel was way too foreign to him.

Kanemoto Yoshinori first came to Korea almost one and a half year ago, pursuing his own reasons. He moved as Yedam’s neighbour only months ago. Yet he met Yedam on his very first day. The incident itself wasn’t extraordinary. Yoshi was struggling with lots of boxes on his way to his new apartment and Yedam happened to be there just in time. When he saw an unknown person stumbling upon quite a lot of packages, his kind self immediately rushed to help him. And that’s when he met eyes with one of the most good-looking people he had ever seen, in other words, Yoshinori.

Well, things were really fine between them at first. Yoshi treated him with a smile, invited him for meals and even greeted him here and there. But the problem started when Yoshi’s affection grew a little too much. Yedam felt strange as Yoshi started greeting him on a regular basis, as if he waited for Yedam knowing his schedules for the day somehow. The invitation for dinner and lunch became frequent and Yedam started declining them with time. One day, Yoshi even walked Yedam to school. Even though Yedam protested and pleaded for him not to come, Yoshi seemed stubborn. He actually walked all the way to Yedam’s school only to get back home afterwards. Things like these didn’t irritate Yedam in a bad way, but it just made him stressed that he didn’t dislike the unwanted act of affection by Yoshi. He didn’t want to feel strangely attracted to Yoshi because he was saving himself for someone.

For his soulmate.

Yedam, who was barely months before he could be 18, had a lot of fantasies regarding his soulmate. All of his older friends had found their soulmates and were really happy together, giving Yedam the inspiration to wait for the person that’s meant to be with him after he came of age. Yedam really did value his unknown soulmate, waiting somewhere in the globe for him, just as he was. Was his soulmate younger or older? Was she a girl or was he a boy? Was the person Korean or not? What kind of person would they be? And how would he find them out? Had they met already or not? Honestly, whenever he’s alone, Yedam kept thinking about his soulmate and all the possible circumstances that could happen.

But Yoshi really was a big problem. Yedam didn’t want to feel attracted to Yoshi, not when his soulmate is predetermined, not when his soulmate was waiting desperately for him. He didn’t want to betray his other half, not by falling for his clingy neighbour.
So, he started avoiding Yoshi as much as he could. At first, he stayed really subtle, but soon, his patience grew thin and he started to point out at Yoshi that he indeed was avoiding the taller. Yoshi seemed to grow distant at that, much to Yedam’s liking. Yedam took all the avoiding as far as to not inviting Yoshi on his special 18th birthday even though they lived just few doors apart.

But well, on that very special day, Yedam didn’t go through what he expected. The whole day before his birthday, he anticipated his meeting with his soulmate a lot! He arranged his house, invited as many friends as he could, both older and younger. He had a strong gut feeling that he would meet the special someone of him on his birthday. Therefore, he stayed in the constant feeling of his fluttering heart as he finally reached 18. When the guest started to arrive and shower him with gifts, he waited for a signal, any signal from anyone; be it a mark on his body, a wave of sudden feelings, a strong smell, a sparkle- anything! He greeted every single one of his guests not because he was being polite, but because he really thought someone of them would be meant for him. But that night, he only experienced disappointment.

Not only that day, Yedam suffered for almost three months after that. He met many people during that time, as after being 18, parents allowed their children to explore the world in search of their soulmates. But none of them generated anything new inside him. And the worst thing was, his feelings for Yoshi only seemed to grow, making it hard for him to stay loyal to his unknown soulmate.