~Flower Boy~ (DoHwan 2/2)

Junghwan not only had a profound knowledge about flowers in the royal garden, he also was quite aware of the variety of flowers blooming in the wilderness. And when he talked about those pretty, wild flowers with an even prettier pair of eyes that had a unique gleam in them, the prince could only stare.

How can someone look so happy while talking about flowers that nobody cared to look after?

But yeah, a certain teenager was there to change prince Doyoung’s viewpoint about everything and without a doubt, the prince was all for it.

“Doyoungie, we should get going. One hour has already passed and if we don’t return by now, His majesty will be enraged!” Hyunsuk spoke as he saw the sun going down by the minute. Doyoung sulked and pouted, extending his lower lip just a little to the outward. Junghwan saw that and nervously laughed.

“I’ll miss you, Hwanie!” Doyoung held the younger’s hand as he said those words. Junghwan gave the prince a beautiful smile at that. “We can meet again, your Highness!” The boy excitedly said. Doyoung’s eyes widened in wonder.

“You will come to the castle again?” He asked with a cheerful tone. “Of course, if you want me to, your Highness!” Doyoung grinned.

“But wouldn’t your parents restrict you?” Hyunsuk asked from aside. Junghwan didn’t lose his smile, “I think they would not, considering they saw what happened today.”

Doyoung looked and Hyunsuk and cheekily smiled, “If needed, I will go to them and ask for letting Hwanie play with me!” Hyunsuk just chuckled and shook his head playfully.

After a while though, the prince had to part from his new friend. It was true that he stayed under strict regulations; being the next and only successor of the huge kingdom. However, he still looked forward to the next day, wishing for the younger to walk through the royal gate into the favorite garden of his.

-

Doyoung didn’t have to wait long, because Junghwan arrived on their promised time the next day. Hyunsuk, who was off duty just to look after the prince, accompanied the prince who was running fast towards the garden to meet his new friend quickly.

“Hwanie!!” Doyoung excitedly called as he rushed towards the entrance of the royal castle. The boy, who was looking intimidated just a while ago, seemed to regain his confidence watching the prince sprinting at his direction and obviously, a hopeless Choi Hyunsuk following him with relatively shorter steps.

“Ah, can you run a bit slowly?” Hyunsuk panted as he reached the haapy prince. Doyoung didn’t respond though, he was too busy hugging the flower boy.

“I have prepared so many things to show you today!” Doyoung grinned and looked at Hyunsuk, as if confirming his preparations which were being looked after by the son of the warlord. Hyunsuk gave a knowing nod.

“Firstly, I will show you my swordsman-skill and Hyunsuk hyung will show you his archery skill.” Of course, since the prince was terrible at shooting arrows, he left that to the elder, but he was determined to show Junghwan everything he knew of. Junghwan didn’t even think about disagreeing because, who would?

“Thank you, your Highness,” Junghwan bowed. Doyoung rolled his eyes, “Can you not address me that formally yet?” Junghwan awkwardly smiled, it’s not like he didn’t want to; he just didn’t want to exploit the facilities and cross his limit. After all, he was just an ordinary country boy. And Hyunsuk understood what Junghwan was feeling, so he just lightly tugged at Doyoung’s sleeves, gesturing him to let the topic go. The prince reluctantly agreed.

However, his excitement returned as he remembered his plans. He pulled Junghwan by the arm, towards an open field decorated with various ordnances. Junghwan had to stare open mouthed at the huge field and the variety of war equipment, though unarmed. As expected, the area was heavily guarded, but since the prince and Hyunsuk was there, no one could stop Junghwan from entering into such a private and well guarded place. Junghwan found himself extremely lucky to be able to witness all those without even trying. And his gratitude and fondness towards the prince only escalated.