"Take her," an elderly woman commanded that seemed to be the leader of the little group.

"That won't be necessary," Elijah announced his presence as he led her through the crowd.

The crowd turned their attention to Elijah for only a moment before they directed their gazes to her. Whispers started up and she couldn't hear what they were saying but she was certain Elijah did as he looked back at her for a moment in concern.

Once they made it through the crowd, Elijah pulled her behind him as he directed his attention to the elderly witch. But even hidden behind Elijah, she could feel their eyes.

"Ms. LaRue. It would be a great shame to soil the goodwill of our recent agreement. Now, I am sorry for your loss, but, Marcel is telling the truth-- Rebekah now occupies the body of Eva Sinclair, and my sister is innocent of this crime."

"Now, you have my word, I will find whoever is responsible and make certain that justice is served," Elijah dropped her hand as he walked closer to Josephine. "But now, I would encourage you all to leave."

"You have 'til tomorrow," Josephine said as she glanced at Jenny like she was some peculiar thing before focusing back on Elijah. "After that, it won't matter what I say - witches will stop at nothing to protect their children. That's an impulse I know you can respect."

Josephine left along with her group of witches and Elijah turned to her looking at her for a moment in confusion. He was going to speak but Rebekah spoke while giving her a hug, "Jenny! I see you have my brother wrapped around your finger again."

Rebekah wrapped an arm around her shoulders once she pulled away, "Now, why the bloody hell were all those witches looking at you?"

_____

Jenny met Marcel who seemed nice enough but she knew all too well how to look pleasant on the outside. They all agreed they needed to get to the bottom of this witch business. Rebekah wanted to take Jenny with her to see Davina and see what the young witch could do to help.

"Jenny and Davina are both going to be my future sisters by law. They should get to know each other," Rebekah pouted. "And I want to take Jenny shopping."

Jenny blushed at the future in-law comment. Thinking of Elijah proposing made her lose the ability to breathe.

"Rebekah, shopping? Really? When we have far too many problems to deal with?" Elijah lectured.

"Fine," Rebekah huffed. "Then she can just meet Davina."

"No, her attackers have not been dealt with. Until then, she'll stay by my side," Elijah said as he grabbed her hand. She realized she was being fought over like a rag doll.

"It's okay, Rebekah. We can chat later," Jenny said before looking up at Elijah. "When both our witch problems are handled, apparently."

Jenny also wanted to stay with Elijah because she knew that without his presence she'd feel numb again and she didn't want to feel like that yet. She wanted to stay happy.

            _____

           Elijah put the car in park outside the Abattoir. She turned to him and asked, "What did you hear?"

            He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and she continued, "Those witches whispering. What did they say? You completely disregarded the subject back there so I want to know now."