Chapter Twenty Three

Location: Destiny Bounty
(Lloyd's pov)

It happened every night. Every dream, every time he closes his eyes... It was the same...

"Thats it, you got it." A voice spoke.

Kick after kick, punch after punch, huff after huff. The young boy continued until his strength grew drowsy and he fell to his knees.

He still remembered it all, the old familiar Destiny Bounty before it was destroyed by the Great Devourer. The green suit Wu and Nya had to fix so it would fit his small young self. He remembered how some of it still felt a little big, practically baggy. But did he complain like any other kid would've? No. Because he was wearing the suit that led to his destiny. The green warrior who would strike darkness down. But now he wondered, was this truly worth it?

Kneeling down to the young boy.

Lloyd looked up to his trainer of the day. The warrior in red.

Giving a small laugh, he placed a hand on top of his head, ruffling his blonde hair. "You're getting better. That or you're just always feisty with your feet." He said with a smile.

The blonde boy looked up at him and smiled before moving their hand away and repositioned his legs so they were in front of him.
Lloyd stared at the fire ninja's smile, remembering how uplifting it was. Like a warm gift he had hoped to have after waiting that he never thought he needed.
The soft brotherly look Kai gave him that filled him with comfort, that assured him it would all be okay, that his older brother would always have his back, that he had faith in him, and he knew he would succeed.

It wasn't long before his younger self leaped towards the other, wrapping his arms around him and trying to push him over.
It worked, until Kai placed a hand down and held his ground before easily moving the young boy away only to be tackled again as Lloyd fought desperately to push him back.
Using his feet to try and push him forwards, Lloyd tried to move the other over, even though the odds were obvious in this game of pushing.
Nonetheless, the red warrior gave in and fell back only to be met by a pair of elbows that immediately fell down to his stomach. Kai immediately gave a pained grunt and curled up as his arms wrapped around his lower body. He groaned with a small pained hiss as he moved to his side.

Lloyd stood up as he looked down at the other and tilted his head, wondering if he had gone too far. But a thought told him that he would be fine and so he placed a foot up on the other and placed his arms up victoriously. "I win!" He said with a laugh.

Kai, faking his defeat, took the ten year old's leg and flipped it over to pull the boy and wrap an arm around him before he could have time to react.

Lloyd, immediately yelped and before he could try to pull away, he was already lifted off the ground and placed underneath the warrior's arm as he was immediately given a noogie.
"Hey! Stop that!" Lloyd whined as he immediately began kicking his feet and squirmed from Kai's grip.

Kai smiled as he looked at the other. "Make me." He said until his arms relaxed where the boy would finally slip through and fall to the ground.

Lloyd backed away, glaring at the other, waiting for him in case he might strike again. But he never did as they just laughed at him and folded his arms. Seeing that the other had his fun, he relaxed. He breathed as he was quite exhausted from the playful roughhousing.