Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"You good?" Kai asked, tilting his head towards the other.

The younger boy nodded. "Yeah, I'm good." He said as he took a minute before sighing. He then paused to stare at the other and glanced away as a thought came across his mind. "Hey Kai? Could... I ask you something?" He asked. 

Kai paused as he stared at the other before nodding. "Yeah, sure, ask away." He said, giving the boy permission.

"Do you think I'll be a great green ninja?" He asked.

Kai paused as he stared at him before a smile crept on his face. "Course you will." He said before walking over to his side and wrapped an arm around him. "You got four of the destined, not to mention, greatest elemental masters training you." He said, smiling at him.

Lloyd looked at him and smiled before turning away as he frowned. "Hey Kai, do you still wish it was you the golden weapons chose?" He asked, staring back at the male.

Kai froze as he looked at the other before turning his head and gave a small huff. "Yeah, I think everyone else wished they were picked. But the weapons chose you." He said, giving a forced smile. "And I know you'll do great."

Lloyd looked at him and wrapped his arms around him as he hugged the other. It was nice until everything got dark and cold...

"Nothing that you don't deserve..." a voice whispered to his ear.

And he woke up.

Opening his eyes wide open with a small gasp as he came back to reality. Oh yeah..., it was just a dream. He huffed, rubbing his face with his hands and sighed. He wasn't sure how many times he's had this dream. Seven times...? Ten times? No matter how many times he's had it, it still startled him.

Staring up at the ceiling, he noticed it was still dark as the moon's light shined in the dark room from the nearby window.

Lloyd stared out the window before falling back down and closed his eyes once more. But deep down, he didn't want to see that dream again. It was like trying to figure out a riddle. A repeating dream of memories that just wouldn't stop. And every time he woke, he would remember that Kai wasn't here.
He huffed before finally sliding off the bed. Bare foot and in his pj's, he walked out of his room and down the hall as he left to get some fresh air.

Opening the door, he was welcomed by a cold breeze as it blew past him, welcoming him outside.
He closed the door behind him and walked to the edge of the ship and leaned against the gunwale and stared off at the cloudy landscape and dark sky.
He still couldn't help but feel bothered at the question why he kept having these dreams. Was it because all he could think of was failing to rescue Kai? His thoughts were interrupted as he watched as a certain thief laid his arms down right next to him of the gunwale.

"Can't sleep? Yeah, me neither." Ronin spoke as he looked out at the sky before taking a deep breath. Breathing in the fresh cold air before letting it all out with a happy sigh. "Refreshing, isn't it?" He asked before looking at the young boy.

Lloyd looked at him before slowly nodding and turned his gaze away. "Yeah..." By the tone of his voice, it was clear he was the last person on this ship that he wanted to speak to. He just hoped he mistook his tone as tired. Or maybe he didn't want it to be. So that the thief would get the memo he wasn't up for a conversation.