# 1 #

"donghyuck, for the last time, come and have dinner!" a loud voice roared making the tanned male roll his eyes and close his computer.

"yeah, i'm coming!" he shouted back before walking out of his room and heading straight to the dining room where his whole family was waiting for him.

"took you some time." his sister huffed. "what were you doing? jerking?"

"don't you think these words are too vulgar for your age?" donghyuck tsked.

"dahyun, donghyuck. please, be respectful." their father said simply, silencing both kids.

lee dahyun was donghyuck's twin sister.

she had been since they were born – quite logical – but donghyuck always had a pleasure making her remember she was two minutes younger than him.

honestly, she was a beautiful girl. her skin was naturally tanned, and it highlighted the few beauty marks she had. her long and straight brown hair cascaded down to the middle of her back, and they always looked wonderfully soft and shiny.

"so, how were your classes of the day?" their mother – soyun – asked while helping herself some rice.

"great i'd say. i didn't fail my psychology test, which is quite surprising." dahyun spoke first.

"that's good." their father – sangkyu – smiled at her. "what about you, hyuck?"

"i was second once again at my maths test. 99%... and someone beat me with a perfect score... can you realise that?! i'm sure he cheated. it's not possible." donghyuck whined, throwing his fork into his plate as he recalled how his mood had dropped when the teacher had asked them to applause mark.

"be happy you're second." dahyun snorted, making donghyuck's jaw clench. "i'm barely average and you don't hear me complaining."

"shut up." donghyuck gritted.

"donghyuck, sweetie, it's okay. we're very proud of you." his mother tried reassuring him.

"but i don't want to be second. i want to be first. i have always been first." donghyuck continued whining.

"look, you already skipped a grade. and that's not so common." his father added. "this proves that you are really good. but you're still one year younger than the other people in your class, so it's normal that some of them have better grades."

"no, it's not." donghyuck crossed his arms over his chest. "i know i can be first. i know i can do perfectly. i know that i can be perfect."

both parents chuckled as dahyun rolled her eyes again, concentrating on the containing of her plate rather than on her sassy brother.

"donghyuck, you're already perfect in our eyes. you and your sister are already so much more than we expected you to be... and there's no need to be first in everything for that. you just need to be yourself."

donghyuck didn't answer.

his parents already thought he was perfect?

they imagined that donghyuck didn't need to be first in everything for that?

how touching.

but donghyuck didn't think that way.

he wanted to be perfect.

and for that, he needed to be first in everything.

and for that, he needed to beat mark lee.