Kinal - Through The Window

Reviewer: kinalhariya

Review: Through The Window

Client: nafisa_tabby_rida

🌻

Title and Cover

Title is relatable to the story. The first thing that comes to the mind is that the main plot happens through a window. It is intriguing and suits the story perfectly.

Cover is awesome. You get the scary feeling just by looking at it once. The palm, and the black shadow of someone, gives out the goosebumps. Cover is enough to give the gist of the story. It resonates with the theme and the blurb perfectly.

Blurb:

Blurb is short but still manages to provide proper information. It gives us the basics to know what to expect. However, I have few suggestions.

The sentence in second paragraph:

....and her extreme fear of the room just opposite the window of her bedroom.

This sentence doesn't really roll off smoothly. At least to me. So see if it could be tweaked a little.

Overall, the blurb is good.

Moving towards the chapter,

Not grammatically wrong, but the sentences look aloof.

Referring to:

I was in the bedroom. Just in front of me was the window.

I would suggest combining the two sentences or adding something more to both the sentences.

The start felt monotonous to me. It was terrifying but it still felt like a report.

The flow of the story could have been more smoother. What Author had written was great, but I think it could have been presented more nicely.

Pace seemed a little fast to get hold of the fear, the main lead felt. A little more details, and the fear would connect to the readers.

It felt interesting to read but I think that the story has much more potential to bring goose bumps, if presented properly.

Vocabulary is good. Paragraphs are of appropriate length.

Writing style is good but can be improved a little. More detailing can be done, and the main lead's fear can be showcased a little more strongly.

Ending

The ending two paragraphs were just Wow!! I didn't predict this as the moral of the story. It connected right at the heart. The words and the way it was written, made it much more meaningful and heartfelt.

The connection made with the story, really was an Eye-opener. I would also say that it was the best part of this story. Of course it wouldn't have been more effective without the scary story.

Grammatical errors:

Apart from tenses fluctuating once or twice, the book was error free.

Last words,

It was an enjoyable read. As a reader, it was awesome. As a reviewer, it has potential to get better.

Thanks for choosing me. Keep writing!!