Raaina - Daughter of the Gods

Reviewer: 08_Umm_Waraqah

Review: Daughter of the Gods

Client: ProdigiousFlames

🌻

HEY, I'M GLAD TO HAVE LANDED THE DEAL OF REVIEWING YOUR BOOK. BEFOREBEFORE I DROP MY REVIEW, I'D LIKE TO LET YOU IN ON A FEW THINGS.

· I AM NOT A BLUNT PERSON, BUT I AM VERY HONEST. IN OTHER WORDS, MY REVIEW OF YOUR BOOK WILL BE DONE WITH ALL HONESTY.

· I WILL NOT SHY AWAY FROM TELLING YOU THE TRUTH. FROM POINTING OUT YOUR ERRORS AND GIVING YOU A DETAILED SOLUTION ON HOW TO FIX IT.

· AS I WILL BE BRUTALLY HONEST, SOME OF MY WORDS MAY STING. PLEASE, KEEP IN MIND THAT IT ISN'T DELIBERATE. I'M ONLY TRYING TO HELP.

· DOUBLE CHECK WHATEVER I MENTION HERE. I AM NOT PERFECT. I MAY POINT OUT SOMETHING AS AN ERROR, AND IT MAY BE CORRECT. SO, PLEASE, QUADRUPLE CHECK MY WORDS AGAINST EVERY RESOURCE YOU CAN FIND.

THAT SAID AND OUT OF THE WAY, I'LL JUMP STRAIGHT TO MY REVIEW.

OH, AND HEADS UP! THIS REVIEW IS SUPER LONG.

· TITLE/COVER: (5/5)

Your cover is absolutely beautiful, alluring (to readers of this genre), and I think it fits your book and its genre (I've seen so many books like yours and they tend to have covers like yours. That's a good thing, I guess). The title is also fitting, and unique. I have nothing to critique here.

· BLURB: (3/5)

I like the quotes in your blurb. Are they relevant to the story? I don't know yet. Do you need them in your blurb? I think you only need one. I'm not a really huge fan of quotes, except those that are short and punchy. Now, if I were a reader and the first two, three lines I saw in your blurb were quotes, I may want to skip your book. So I think you should pick one of those quotes and ditch the other one.

Also, in the third paragraph of your blurb: However, when Karna's true identity is revealed, the 6 realize, there's more than meets the eye.

Who are the Six?

Perhaps, you should elaborate a bit on them (not mention their names, as that would be too much information) or cut that part out and replace it with something else. Perhaps, something like: the powerful people of dash dash dash (because I'm thinking The Six must be powerful) or any other qualifier. And that part actually makes it seem like you've cut the blurb in half. I can't tell if the part about the woman relates to the Six or the aforementioned names or Karna.

I also do not think that last quote is needed. Perhaps, if it was more punchy (I'm not even sure this is a word, but I hope you get my drift) or the only quote in the blurb, it could work. But right now, it isn't. An example of a punchy quote will be the one you have in your prologue. The one in the picture.

All in all, I think you have a nice blurb. The first two paragraphs are apt. The last three are the ones that need some revamping. I wish I could help with this, but when it comes to blurbs, I'm only good at critiquing them not writing them.

· PROLOGUE. (8/12.5)

GRAMMAR: The most glaring problem here is your... sentence structure? Wording? For example, in the first dialogue, we have: 'Ishani, I beg you for one last time... for how many years will you do this, Ishani?"