16)Well,just the two of you

Kyujin clutched the lunchboxes,humming a simple tune as she made her way to the rooftop.

Her feet stopped,standing near the stairs as her eyes met with Sunghoon.

"Hey,Kyujin!What are you doing here?"

He waved at her.

That was a question she wanted to ask him.

"I..err..."

"I tried to look for you to have lunch together for the past few days but you seem to be nowhere.But here you are!"

"Haha,funny.Cause I did the same but couldn't find you either!"

Kyujin laughed,trying her best to make it seem real.

"Anyways,I'm going to look for Heeseung.You?"

Sunghoon asked,noticing the extra lunch box.

"Taehyun!Im going to eat with Taehyun."

Kyujin immediately said,diverting his attention back to her.

"But I saw Taehyun heading to the council room along with Jungwon?"

"I mean Soobin!Taehyun was yesterday.Oopsies,I guess I got it mixed up."

"But you're not even that close to Soobin."

"It's about the project."

"But the project has been long finished."

Sunghoon shot another "but" question,scrutinising his eyes at her.

How I wish you could just shut your mouth now and let me go.

"As in we got closer after that and this is just a way of thanking him for doing his best and helping me with the project!"

Kyujin added.

"Oh well,you should go then,he's probably waiting for you.But you owe me lunch,don't forget that."

He pointed his finger,before flashing a "kind" more like devilish smile and disappearing behind the door leading to the stairs to the rooftop.

"Aish,that fucker."

Kyujin cursed,pursing her lips as she shake her head in annoyance,the extra lunchbox still in her hands.Guess she'll have to find someone else for today.

——————————

"Dude,what the hell are you doing?"

A sudden voice spoke,startling Heeseung who was at enjoying the silence.

Sunghoon brows furrowed at the sight of his friend sitting against the wall.

Heeseung didn't say anything,returning the weird face.

"What?Am I not the one you're expecting?"

Sunghoon scoffed as Heeseung eyes looked at him with an even more confused look.

"Just kidding."

He giggled,definitely enjoying teasing him.Heeseung brushed his uniform,standing up.

"Why were you even sitting down there?"

"Standing can be tiring."

"You aren't smoking?"

Sunghoon scanned him,no sights of cigarettes in his possession or around him.

"I smoke,just not during lunch time anymore.I do it after school."

"Why?"

"Stop asking ridiculous questions Sunghoon.It's making me want to smoke right now."

"Ridiculous questions about your ridiculously weird behaviour."

Heeseung glanced at Sunghoon.Sunghoon was pretty good at seeing through people and Heeseung knew that when he starts asking these questions,he's intention is actually to let the other confirm his thoughts and to spill the beans.

"Your questions are still ridiculous because you probably already know the answers to what you're looking for.I'll head back to class,lessons are starting."

Heeseung walked passed,escaping the situation.

——————————

The class right after lunch was shared by both Kyujin and Heeseung.She didn't know why but she felt nervous.Will he question about her not appearing during lunch time due to Sunghoon who,thankfully was not in this class,interfering and messing up their lunch break?

She wondered if she should explain to him.Absurd,she thought.Why did she need to explain?yet she felt the need,maybe it was because they had a couple of misunderstandings before.

Her daydreaming got cut off as she made eye contact with Heeseung who walked into the class that moment.The look on his face wasn't the usual one,it was as if he was trying to tell her something.

Sure enough,he gave a slight nod,probably acknowledging what happened earlier.

A simple action but it was enough to calm Kyujin's nerves and it seems like both understood and decided to disregard the matter.

The interaction ended there,both back at their seats,preparing for the lesson to begin.

————————————

"So you've been eating and spending your lunch time with Heeseung?"

Sunghoon repeated.

"Are you Baerin number 2?You guys like to repeat questions again and again even if I answer.I don't even see the point of answering you guys."

Kyujin shook her head.

"And you sound exactly like Heeseung."

He pointed out.

"One of the main reason to have lunch with him was because you gave that suggestion."

"Are you saying that I'm the one who forced you to do so?"

"No,I'm saying you shouldn't be surprised about the fact because the idea came from you."

"But you're doing this everyday."

"Not everyday Park.Watch what you're saying,I only have lunch with him about 2 or 3 days in a week.I ain't going to provide free food for someone everyday."

"For free?"

Sunghoon placed his chopsticks down,shocked.

"You're eating that for free."

Kyuiin pointed to the lunchbox she made for him,because she promised him and "owed" him lunch for disappearing.

"Unless you want to pay,I accept all forms of payment and any amount."

She smirked,opening her hands,motioning him to hand over cash or card.

"Since you spend 2-3 days with him during lunch,find me during one of the remaining days."

Sunghoon said,making Kyujin raise a brow.

"What's with that look?You've been spending so much time with him and you can't come lunch with me for a day?"

He mocked.

"Fine but you got to stop repeating your questions of not I won't show up at all."

"Pfft,you should be grateful that we're friends if not I wouldn't be this nice."

"Kiss my ass."

My school work and assignments has been piling upㅠㅠ but here's the chapter!!