Chapter 28

As Sirzechs gave the green light for the conference to start Azazel was the first one to speak.

The leader of the fallen angels looked at Rias's peerage and with a fain smile spoke.

"Sorry for the trouble Kokabiel caused."

Rias frowned at that simple apology, it was almost as if they were mocking them, but they wouldn't say anything fearing the consequences. Silence was the best choice.

"Please be seated."

Sirzechs said and everyone on the room acted as told.

Y/N sat next to Akeno who smiled at him in recognition but his eyes wandered over Valiana's form.

Her body language was strange... almost as if she was nervous for something. It wasn't shown openly but his sharp eyes got to notice that small detail.

Maybe she was nervous about the conference.

Her eyes connected with his for a second

Before they immediately moved away from him

After everyone got on their places Sirzechs took a deep breath and started

The three leaders got serious gazes as they looked at each other.

"All here are aware of the highly classified truth- That God is dead. We will begin our talk that as a given."

Azazel looked to Michael

"At this rate you're on the path of ruin. Living without what it was your strongest source of power and your primary reason to be."

"Well, we're not particularly concerned about that."

They actually were playing really nice. Anyone would immediately assume that they would head to the offensive against the other. This was a good signal.

Rias grabbed Issei's hand, he could feel the noticeable shiver on her hand.

He squeezed her hand in comfort.

Akeno quietly giggled at this romantic action of the two.

Y/N didn't noticed any of this due to the fact he was analyzing everything. Every single word he memorized it just in case they were useful... Anything could happen at this room and at this time.

Even if he wasn't particularly from any team right now right here he was playing for the Devils side... Even though he wasn't really that affectionate towards them and neither they were towards him, nothing of that mattered.

Right now he was doing his job.

Protecting the Demon King's sister's peerage.

Sirzechs eyed at her sister over his shoulder.

"Well, Rias. Could you tell us about the events of the other day?"

Rias stood up from her seat with a rigid stance.