Chapter 42

She woke up from a dreamless sleep.

Valiana blinked a couple of times to wake up fully, even of the sunlight didn't reach her room due to the thick curtains of the windows she could feel that it was morning.

She gazed at the clock And as she expected, it was 8 in the morning almost nine.

The woman used to wake up at much later hours but since her pregnancy, she automatically woke up very early.

A heavy breath left her as she sat up and looked at her belly which hasn't changed, from her usual. Maybe because it was way too early, the child was about seven weeks old.

At least it hasn't caused her much trouble these days.

Sometimes an immense pain attacked her on her belly, but there were very few times that had happened to her, but still, the pain was unforgettable.

She didn't understand why she got those sudden pains. Because the baby wasn't developed enough to even be able to kick her, so it didn't make sense that she suffered those strange pains.

Not like she was an expert on pregnancy or anything of the kind. Maybe it was normal.

With another breath, she was about to get off the bed but she a jolt ran down her back, her instincts warned her that there was an intruder.

Rapidly, she swung her punch to a random wall, the wall appeared to be just like any other but from this wall, a shadow came up grabbing her punch before it collided against the structure.

Valiana frowned when her attack was stopped.

So weak was she turning?

Out of the wall came up a figure that towered her, a humanoid and rough-looking body, two antennas on its head, and two vibrant purple full eyes.

The head was that of an ant but it had a humanoid body.

Valiana remembered this certain individual.

"You are... Y/N's pet. At least one of them."

Beru had no visible emotion upon being called a pet.

In fact, she could find that nickname rather flattering.

Being her Liege's pet was more than a blessing for her.

"I am indeed, servant of the man who impregnated you, My Queen. And your protector."

Valiana made a bad face for two reasons, first the way this monster referred to Y/N, and second and most important, that this mere creature thought that she needed its protection.

Laughable.

She could take care of her own even if she was slightly weaker than her usual self she could stomp on anyone who dared to cross her way.

"Beast, I don't need your protection. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. Didn't that get to your skull the day that I defeated you and the other pet at once?

"I never doubted that, after all, you're among the few that my Liege takes seriously in terms of power and my Liege doesn't take weak women as his. But I fear that I have to be nearby you for the sake of the heir within your womb, plus I was ordered to do so."

She raised an eyebrow at this last part.

"Who ordered you, Y/N?"

Beru nodded.

"As a matter of fact. And I cannot defy his word in any form. He said clearly that while you might be strong enough to take care of yourself that doesn't mean you can take care of the child. You're explosive and reckless he said. And as courageous and resourceful my Liege might be, he doesn't like to take risks."