Chapter 54

Cold.

So Cold.

I am Freezing.

It's unbearable.

Wake up.

Get up.

Wake Up!

His eyes snapped open and the first thing they saw was... a grey sky? But an unnatural tone of grey. And the thing that appeared to be the moon was crimson.

Mist came up as he breathed out and the cold weather of this place made him shudder.

Even with his high tolerance to any kind of weather whether hot or cold... this coldness was getting through his skin and bothered him.

This was in no way any normal place... He felt it in the air that he breathes.

He got up from the ground and saw dried trees with barely any leaves on them. The ground was plain dirt, with no grass or vegetation.

Everything was dead.

As he stood up he felt how it was harder to articulate his body, pretty much any movement was four times harder to do.

But then everything came up to him like thunder. Flashbacks of what happened bombarded him like hundreds of tornadoes. The reminder of his battle against Cain.

And... The Revelations.

Y/N fell to his knees.

He knew where he was... He knew why he was here.

Purgatory. Again.

He lost himself.

He had lost.

But more importantly. He knew the truth.

A revelation that he wasn't prepared to confront.

All of it... Every single memory shook him.

A single tear ran down his eye.

"Mother..."

...

The battle between Dragon and Man lasted for a whole hour.

Both were going toe-toe. Much to Cain's surprise The Dragon who was Y/N seemed to be in relative calm. Unlike what he initially thought.

Juggernaut Drive usually fed on the user's negative emotions and used them as fuel to slowly take over the user's mind. But The Black Dragon Emperor was on a whole other level.

It destroyed your mind and soul to slowly take over your whole body to the point of no return.

Meaning that if you lost the string of sanity for even a single second you had lost yourself... forever.

While The Dragon's attacks were fueled by rage and destruction they were solely focused just to him ignoring the others around the area.

Any other would have just gone into a frenzy and destroyed everything on its way.

But Y/N was controlling it quite well.

Cain panted while he had some bruises and fresh blood on his body. The battle was wearing him off a lot. But it was a shared state for both.

The dragon who was Y/N had some missing scales and his wings were torn out as blood covered his giant form. Plus he seemed to be struggling a bit to maintain himself up.

Grunting a bit, Cain brought his hands together as golden energy flared around them. The energy grew in size and power, he focused all that raw energy on a single hand and aimed it at the Black Dragon.