Chapter Eighteen

(Back with the gang.)
Nya, Lloyd, and Skylor circled around Jay and Cole, who were preparing for a simple fight to test out how well Jay has recovered.

"Are you sure about this Jay?" Nya asked as she watched the other “I mean- you’ve just recovered. I'm not sure if its a good idea to be doing this just yet."

Jay huffed. “I'm sure I can do this, I’ve already done a few swings and strikes with the training equipment. Just a little back pain. No big deal.” He said, waving his hand.

Cole chuckled, “Alright, grandpa.” he said to which Jay glared at him. 

Jay shook out his hands while preparing himself. “Okay, ready when you are.” He said as he held up his fists.

Cole looked at him and nodded. He was the first to act as he lunged forward, throwing a kick at him.

Jay swiftly turned to the side, avoiding Cole’s hit until his foot hit the ground to which he moved his fist from above, ready to hit down at the master of earth until they raised up their arm, blocking the attack. 

The two throw hits and blocks until Cole back Jay towards the wall before he jumped over him and kicked the other from behind, causing him to fall forward against the wall. 

Cole let out a grunt before pushing himself up and turned to the side, just in time to avoid Jay's foot as he kicked forward, hitting the wall instead. He jumped back, grabbing one of the hanging staffs and looked back to Jay.

Jay quickly grabbed one for himself and the two began swinging once more. Clashing, swinging, and, blocking. 

The others watched as the two continued to fight. From the looks of it Jay was doing well for himself as the two fought. That was until… Spinjitzu got involved.

Swinging a heavy hit against Jay’s weapon, pushing it to the side and knocking the other unbalanced. Cole turned and swung up his leg as he summoned his spinjitzu.

Jay slid back and looked a the other. “Alright, two can play that game! Ninja g-” As soon as Jay turned, swinging his body, a sore pain struck from his back and the ninja stumbled. “Ahg, shoot…” He said, placing his hand up behind his back, He looked up just in time as the swirling tornado came towards him. Jay's eyes widned as he held up his hands. “Woah woah woah woah woah! Wai-” but it was already to late as Jay was struck and sent flying. He fell over, falling onto this front and slid against the ground. 

The others cringed at the sight and walked over to Jay.

Jay grunted as he turned over onto his back. “I’m okay…” He weakly said, holding up a thumbs up before it fell back to the ground. 

Cole stopped and Looked at Jay and the others and ran up to them. “Oh, Shoot. Sorry! He said before going over to Jay’s side. “Are you alright there buddy?”

Jay grunted. “Well… you didn’t break anything…”

Nya looked at Lloyd and spoke. “Best to get him some more of Wu’s healing tea.” She said,

Lloyd looked at her and nodded before going off to the kitchen. Maybe he should make some tea for his mom. She could use it with the amount of studying she and Zane will be doing. Holding up the plate. He walked over to the others and handed Jay’s cup to Nya. “I’m going to go check on the others, make sure he's alright before we go anywhere.” He said before leaving to the room Zane and Misako have been studying in.

The two had been studying for quite a while now. Working hard on their research to trying to translate the other written language.

Lloyd walked in, holding the cup of tea in his hand. "Hey Mom, how's it going." He said as he handed the cup to his mother.

Misako turned and looked at Lloyd and took the cup of tea. "Oh, thank you Lloyd." She said before looking back to the book.

Zane looked at the two before back to their notes. "Me and Misako have just finished looking over what was written in the seprintine language. None of which seem fitting to Morro's plans in bringing back his master. So we've began trying to figure out what language the other is in while trying to figure out how to translate it."

Lloyd nodded before looking over at their work. There was just simple notes. Things like the serpentine flute, useless armor, abandoned territories from warriors during the serpentine war, the staff, and etc.

"If only I had all my research, perhaps I might have something that could help. I'm sure I could find something in the museum's research history." Misako said.

Zane looked at Misako and spoke. "Then that will be our next stop." He said.

Lloyd nodded. "Alright, lets set course to the muesem. I'll go tell the others." Lloyd said before leaving as they sent the destiny bounty to set course for their next destination.