•Chapter 56 #Part.1

Start from the beginning

Cora knew exactly what they were trying to do, but she didn't know if it was a good idea. She really didn't want them to go too fast. Kalvin was totally right when he said that they didn't have to rush everything, but they should give themselves some time. But, was it not what it was supposed to happen in the near future ? They were not official yet, but they were definitely becoming a couple more and more the days were passing by. And plus, they were going to have a baby together. So, moving in together wasn't the next move ? Was it not what was supposed to happen anyways ? But were they ready for this ? And the kids had never lived with someone else besides their mother. Were they really ready to have a male living with them in the same house ?

Actually, it sounded like yes. 

Kalvin slightly bit on his tongue before to speak, "Uh…I don't know." For some reason what the twins were saying was frightening him. They were asking for all of them to live together, as a family. A father and a mother with their kids ? Was he ready for this ? Even if they were already living like it in a certain way, now they were asking for it to be official. 

The twins smile suddenly turned into little frown. That's not the answer they wanted to hear from him. Maybe they weren't clear enough, "So…you don't want…Uh…to live permanently with us ? " They asked in unison with sadness and hope in their voice. 

Kalvin felt bad now, "That's not what I said. I'm…Uh…I'm just…Uh…"

"Well, we should go back home to get ready for the baby shower." Cora intervened in the conversation that all of sudden become really awkward. The twins rolled their eyes and got out of the booth and walked to the car without waiting for the two adults. But it was okay, they could still see them since the restaurant. 

Kalvin sighed, "Cora…"

"No, it's okay. I understand." 

He raised his eyebrow, "Really ? "

"Yes…It's not that easy to step in when it wasn't your role in the first place. And I don't want you to feel obliged to do something you're not ready for. Let me go talk with them real quick." 

"No, no, no, let me do this." 

"You're sure ? "

He nodded, "Yes." He stood up and gave his credit card to Cora, "I'm coming back to get you when we're done. And don't waste your time to protest, I'm paying." He slightly smiled and kissed her forehead, then went outside to join the twins next to the car. 

"Where is our mother ? " Acacia asked with her arms folded. 

"She's waiting for us to finish with this conversation first and then we'll leave. So, what's wrong with y'all ? And don't be scared to be honest."

"We already said everything we had to say." Almar said with an attitude.

"You want me to live with you, huh ? "

Acacia sighed getting frustrated, "I can't believe this ! " She rolled her eyes aggravated, "It's been months now that you're playing the dad with us, but then you don't want to fill that position anymore ! And now thanks to you who don't know what you want to do, we're confused ! Are we really a family or we're just your baby mama's kids ? "

"Are we going to be in the background when the baby will be there ? Were you just nice with us to make our mother fall in love with you ? What are we for you exactly ? Where are we standing at now ? What are we for you and what should we considerate you for us ? " Almar continued the interrogation. 

Kalvin was speechless at this point. Why ?

And him saying nothing was worrying them more than anything else. Acacia's eyes even started watering.  Almar sighed shaking his head, "We should've never trusted you. Can you open the door, please…" 

There is always something, Kalvin thought.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =)

•A/N: Damn 😢 What do you think ? 

Thanks for reading guys ❤❤❤

And sorry for the mistakes.