c h a p t e r 15

Camp Green Lake got disbanded and we were all sent home.

I didn't have anywhere to go but the police that were in charge of taking all the kids home had gotten a call from someone that went by Mrs. Zeroni. She said that she would be willing to take me in. Since my mom was putting me up for adoption because she didn't want to have to deal with me anymore after what I did to her husband.

So here I am, getting off a bus. Ricky had said that he wished I could come with him, but he doesn't have a tight relationship with his parents, so they probably wouldn't agree to it. It was fine, I just hate being away from him. He lived only about an hour away so I hope it isn't too bad.

I got off the bus and I pulled at the straps of my backpack nervously.

"Y/n!" I heard someone cheer from the side of me. I turned and saw Hector running towards me. He threw his arms around me and I hugged him tightly as tears came to my eyes. I missed Hector a lot since he left Camp Green Lake.

"I'm so glad you're staying with me." Hector said with a smile as he pulled away. He looked at me confused as a couple of tears fell down my cheeks. "Why are you crying?" He asked.

"It's nothing. I'm happy to be staying with you and your mom." I sniffled as I wiped my eyes.

"Come on." Hector said excitedly as he pulled me with him up to a woman standing from afar.

"Mom. This is Y/n." Hector told her.

His mom gave me a grateful smile as her eyes got teary. Suddenly she threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you for taking care of my baby." She whispered to me.

"Uh, you're welcome, ma'am." I said, surprised.

"Oh, don't call me ma'am, honey. You can call me Mary." She told me as she pulled out of the hug and wiped her eyes. "Is that all of your things?" She asked as she eyed my backpack.

"My mama threw most of my stuff out." I said as I swallowed a lump in my throat. Trying to keep myself from crying.

They welcomed me very kindly. They now lived next to Stanley and his family since they both became rich because of the chest they found while they were away from Camp Green Lake.

***

We were now swimming in Stanley's pool and Clyde Livingston was at his house to celebrate his new commercial for "Sploosh". It was Mr. Yelnats' invention for non smelly shoes and Hector got to name it.

Mary freaked out when she saw the stitches scar on the side of my stomach when we were shopping for my swimsuit. And that's when I had to tell her everything about my home life and my childhood. She was very understanding.

I sat on a long chair next to the pool reading a book.

"Come on, Y/n! Get in!" Hector called and Stanley nodded in agreement.

"Fine. I'm coming." I said as I rolled my eyes and set my book down.

"Could we join the party?" I heard a familiar voice from behind me ask. I smiled and turned around. Everyone from D-tent was here, Ricky in front of all of them.
He smiled at me and I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me tightly. I pulled away and he put his finger under my chin and made me look up at him. His eyes flickered down to my lips before he slowly leaned in and our lips connected, sending sparks up and down my spine, and my knees weakened. All the boys around us cheered, and I heard Hector and Twitch yell "Ew!".

I met Ricky's parents and they didn't seem terrible. The dad was really nice, the mom was kind of snooty, but she was okay.

"So, where are your parents?" The dad asked as he looked around.

"Um..." I started, trying to think of what to say. Both their eyes flickered down to my scar. "I, uh. It's complicated." I told them. "I'm adopted now. By Mrs. Zeroni."

"Why were you at Camp Green Lake?" The mom asked.

"I uh...I beat up my step-dad because he was hitting my momma." I told them truthfully. "She uh, she called the police and told them that he was attacked. After Camp Green Lake...she didn't want me anymore." I sighed.

"Oh. I'm so sorry, dear." The mom said in shock as she looked at her husband.

"It's fine. I'm in a better environment now. Your son has made me a better person and has made me happier than I've been in a very long time." I tell them.

"He talks about you a lot. All good things of course." His dad chuckles. "You've made a great impact on him. Thank you."

"You're welcome, sir." I said bashfully as I felt heat rise up my neck.

Mrs. Yelnats came running out of the back door.

"Come on everyone! Out of the pool. It's showtime! Book it out!" She called before rushing back into the house.

Everyone scrambled out of the pool and Ricky came up to me and grabbed my arm.

"Come on, Y/n." He smiled as he began to pull me away. I turned quickly to his parents and bowed my head lightly before Ricky dragged me away.

We all crowded the doorway and watched the commercial for SPLOOSH with big smiles on our faces.

***

Ricky and I sat on the grass as we looked up at the starry sky, the sound of people playing in the pool somewhat distant.

Ricky grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb on mine.

"I missed you." He spoke as he turned his head to face me. I turned to look at him and smiled.

"I missed you too."

He looked at me lovingly and he looked at a strand of my hair and pushed it behind my ear.

"Did you know how beautiful you look?" He whispered as he looked back at my eyes.

"Since when are you Mr. romantic?" I chuckle.

"I'm just finally getting to say the words that have been in my head since the day I met you. Do you remember when you first got to the camp how I froze every time I saw you for like two days?"

I laugh at the memory.

"Yeah, I remember that. You looked like a deer in headlights."

"That's because never in a million years did I think someone like you was going to come into my life. Let alone at Camp Green Lake."

"Aw, how sweet! You love~me." I teased with a smile.

"Damn right I do."

We both leaned in until our lips connected. I felt his tongue graze my bottom lip and I opened my mouth slightly to let him enter. I breathed through my nose suddenly when I felt his tongue hit mine. His hand gripped the back of my neck as it bent back slightly because of his height.

"Hey, love birds!" We heard X-ray yells. Making us pull apart quickly and turn to the pool. All the guys were looking at us with smug smiles on their faces.

"Why don't you stop making out over there and come join us! We're having chicken fights." Armpit yelled and the boys laughed. I looked down, my cheeks starting to burn and I bit my lip.

"We'll be right there!" Ricky told them. He looked back at me. "So, I was wondering, if you would be interested in going on a date this Saturday?" he asked.

"I would love to. What are we going to do?" I asked with a smile.

"I was thinking we could go bowling. If that's okay?" Ricky said, nervously.

"That sounds amazing. I haven't gone bowling since I was ten, so I might be a bit rusty." I told him and he chuckled. He gave me a quick kiss before getting up. He offered his hand to me and I accepted it. He helped me up and we went to the pool.

// A/n: So...yeah. This is the end of the movie. If you would like me to write more chapters like, their first date, epilogue of when they're older, or anything else just let me know and I can get to work on it! Otherwise this will be the end of this book. This was so much fun to write and I hope everyone enjoyed it. //