c h a p t e r 10

//Warning: This chapter is SUPER cheesy!//

"Water's the most precious commodity on the face of the planet. All life begins with water." Mr. Sir says as he fills up Stanley's water and I stand behind him, waiting to get my water.

I looked over my shoulder at Zig who was waiting. When I looked at him he was already looking at me and I gave him a tight closed smile before I looked back at Mr. Sir.

"So think of it this way, I'm giving you life. Say "thank you"."

"Thank you, Mr. Sir." Stanley replied.

"Next!"

I gave Mr. Sir my water jug. He began to fill it when we heard a rumble in the distance. We all looked over and saw clouds by the mountains.

"Don't get your hopes up. Them storms never make it past the mountains."

"Maybe this time they will." Stanley says as Mr. Sir hands me my jug.

"I got a story for you Girl Scouts." Mr. Sir starts as he looks at all of us. He spat near my feet and I backed away slightly in disgust. "Once upon a time, there was a magical place where it never rained. The end." Mr. Sir finished with a chuckle. I looked down and Zero as we shared confused expressions. Zero shook his head and walked over to his hole. Mr. Sir opened the door to his truck, but before he got in he looked back at us.

"Have a nice day." And with that he got into his truck chuckling to himself.

I turned to Zig and Squid.

"I never get anything he says." I say as I roll my eyes and we walk back to our holes.

I hopped back into my hole and took a drink of my water.

"Hey, guys." Magnet calls as Mr. Sir drives away.

"What?" X asks as Magnet reaches to the ground and picks up a brown sack.

"Anybody want some sunflower seeds?" Magnet laughs.

I scoffed with a small smile while everyone laughed.

"I can't help it man, my hands are like magnets."

Everyone started grabbing from the bag.

"Hey, pass me that." Zig called Armpit and he tossed it to him.

Zig grabbed a handle full of seeds from the bag. He looked over to me and gestured to the bag.

"Want some?"

"No, I'm fine, thanks." I chuckled. The boys were going to get in so much trouble.

I looked out to the distance and saw Mr. Sir coming back.

"He's coming back." Magnet yelled, getting everyone's attention as I watched Mr. Sir's truck takes a sharp turn.

Zig tossed it over to Stanley and he missed the catch, causing the seeds to spill everywhere in his hole as my eyes widened.

"Ricky!" I exclaimed, using Zig's real name as my head turned to him.

"What? He's the one that didn't catch it." Zig said as he raised his hands in surrender. I scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

I looked back over at Stanley as he quickly tried desperately to bury the seeds. I wanted to help but Mr. Sir's truck was getting close. I grabbed my shovel and started digging my hole and acted natural as Mr. Sir's truck stopped by our group's holes.

My Sir got out of his truck and I glanced up a couple times as I continued to dig.

"Well, well. How did this get here?" Mr. Sir asks Stanley sarcastically as he gestures to a piece of the brown sack sticking up from the dirt.