c h a p t e r 4

Three days after her first day she was taking a shower as it started getting dark out. She kept her bra and underwear on while she showered. She heard feet running up to the showers and three boys came and took her clothes and towel. She sighed as she shut the shower off.

"Dip shits." She mumbled as she squeezed the extra water out of her hair and got out of the showers. She walked to her tent and entered it. All the boys' heads turned to her and their eyes widened. She walked through the tent and to her cot. All the boys eyed the bruises on her b/t physic. She found her clothes that were with her when she was showering thrown on her cot. She grabbed the tank top and put it on before putting on the jumpsuit and sitting down on her cot.

All the boys glanced at each other.

"Yo, Girly, what happened to you? Couple of boys threw your clothes in here and then left." Barf Bag asked.

"They took my clothes while I was showering." Y/n said dryly as she stared at the ground.

"What's with all the bruises? Get into a fight or somethin'?" Squid asks and the boys around him slapped his arms.

"I'd rather not talk about it." Y/n said as she looked up at the boys. Her eyes lingered over at Zigzag as he looked at her with concern.

***

That night Zigzag woke up again to Y/n leaving the tent. He sat up and rubbed his eyes with his palms. He looked at the clear doors of the tent and saw Y/n sitting on the steps, again. He sighed and got out of his cot.

He walked through the doors and sat down next to Y/n. He looked over at her and saw her eyes reflecting the stars as she looked up at the sky, her knees hugged to her chest.

"I notice you come out here a lot." Said Zigzag as he rested his arms on his knees.

"I'm just thinking," Y/n told him as she kept her eyes on the sky.

"About what?"

Y/n was silent as she looked to the ground before looking at the sky again.

"My dad died two years ago. He had this big telescope that he looked through every night. Once I was old enough he would bring me out every night and we would watch the stars together. After he died my mama sold the telescope even though I wanted to keep it. Couple months later she got married again to this nasty guy that she met at a bar. Real pig. He's a big drinker. Gets angry when he's drunk. About a month after they got married and he moved in he started hitting me because of stupid things, like I rifused to call him "dad", or I would do something wrong. My mama didn't really do anything to stop him from hitting me. And then one day he started hitting her, and I wasn't gonna stand for it. And then she called the cops on me and told them that I attacked him for no reason. I keep trying to convince myself that what I did was right. That putting my stepdad in the emergency room was what he deserved and to protect my mama. I like to come out here cause I like to think that my dad's proud of me." Y/n said as tears threatened to fall.

Y/n looked up at the sky as she tried not to let that tear fall. One tear fell down her cheek. Zigzag brought his hand up to her cheek and wiped the tear away with his thumb.

"I'm sure your dad is proud of you." He told her truthfully. It was more than he could say about his own parents. Y/n turned to him and gave him a sad smile, to which he returned. Y/n looked back up and leaned her head on Zigzag's shoulder. He stiffened slightly.

"Thanks Zig." Y/n said tiredly.

"No problem."

***

Minutes later Y/n fell asleep on Zigzag's shoulder. Zigzag picked her up bridal style and carried her to her cot. She twisted slightly as she udjusted on the cot and Zigzag froze. He looked at her pillow and noticed a folded paper sticking out from under it. He grabbed it slowly and opened it. The folded paper was really a picture of a young girl and a middle aged man next to a large telescope. Zigzag guessed it must be young Y/n and her dad. He folded the picture up and carefully put it back under Y/n's pillow.