c h a p t e r 14

Y/n's POV

The next day, I walked out of the mess hall after digging holes and I looked to my left and saw Stanley and Zero talking to a group of people.

"Zero! Stanley!" I cheered. I ran as fast as I could down the deck as Zero turned to me with a smile. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I hugged him tightly. "I'm so glad you're okay." I told him. Everyone else was behind me and running to greet Stanley and Zero. I let go of Zero and hugged Stanley tightly as everyone surrounded them.

"I can't believe you guys made it." Squid commented.

"We thought you were buzzard food." Zigzag adds.

"No I'm not. I'm going home." Stanley told us. My face dropped.

"Going home?" I asked.

"Man, you stink dude. You've been eating man." Pit laughs. Stanley and Zero smelled strongly of onions.

"You smell like onions!" Magnet laughs.

"Well, uh. There seems to be no file of...Hector Zeroni." Pandenski tells a lady in a suit.

"Is that so?" The lady asked.

"What kind of a camp you running here?" A man asked.

"A nice one." Warden told him. "If the state would give us some money, then we'd have some decent filing."

"I am ordering an investigation of this facility."

"Hey, lady, you got a pen and paper I could borrow?" Pit asks.

"No, I don't. But it looks like he does." The lady said, gesturing towards Mr. Sir. "Yeah. You got a pen?"

"Yeah. Here. Here's a pencil."

"You got paper?"

"Um...here." He said as he handed her the clipboard that was in his hands.

The lady handed Pit the paper and pencil.

"Hey, call my Mom." He told Stanley.

"What?"

"Tell her I said I was sorry. Tell her, "Theodore said he was sorry"."

"I will. I definitely will." Stanley told him as they hugged.

"Marion Sevillo." Another man said as he went up to Mr. Sir. "It's been a long time since El Paso, Marion."

We all laughed at the fact that mr. Sir's real name was Marion. I snickered under my breath.

"You're in Violation of your parole, carrying this weapon."

"I had no knowledge of that." Warden said, trying to seem innocent.

"Oh, yeah, just like you didn't know Pendanski wasn't no doctor neither." Mr. Sir commented and we all laughed.

"Sit down, Marion. You're under arrest again."

"Marion? Tell ya, I didn't know that was a man's name." Zig said and everyone laughed.

"It ain't." Marion said shamefully.

"Okay...This facility is now under our jurisdiction." A man said as he got off a phone.

"What?"

"Boys...Put these three bozos right over there, let them see the other side of the criminal justice system." The man said and we all cheered.

"Come on, Hector. You're coming with us. Let's go." The lady said and my face fell.

"He's leaving too?" I asked. The lady nodded at me. Suddenly thunder crashed loudly above us. I jumped slightly.

We all looked up and saw clouds rolling above us. It started to sprinkle and then started pouring rain. I smiled slightly and looked at Zig. He looked over at me, a smile appearing on his face. We cheered as we all ran out to enjoy the rain. We all jumped and cheered. I picked Hector up and spun around, laughing before setting him down.

Zig came over to me and picked me up and spun me around while laughing. He set me down and I was right up against him. His hair flattened and my hair stuck to the side of my face. I looked up at him with a smile and my heart felt like jumping out of my chest as I breathed quickly. Zig brought his hands up and grabbed my face. He rubbed his thumb on my cheek as I grabbed his forearms. Zig then smashed his lips onto mine. At first I was shocked, then I kissed back, my knees feeling weak. We broke apart for air and we rested our foreheads against each other.

"I love you, Y/n." Zig told me over the cheers. I smiled to myself. I'm sure my face was bright red.

"I love you too...Ricky." I said with a smile. I loved saying his real name.

He chuckled and I laughed. We both looked up at the sky and closed our eyes.

"Hector! Stanley! Let's go!" The lady called. I went over to Hector and hugged him again.

"I'm gonna miss you, Y/n." He said into my stomach.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Hector." I said as tears came to my eyes, lucky the rain covered it. I kissed his forehead.

"Be careful, okay?" I told him and he nodded before letting go of me and running to the car. The boys got into the car and waved at us. We all waved back at them as we cheered and said our goodbye's.

"D tent!" Pit cheered.

"See you again!" Stanley yelled. Everyone pointed at him. I kissed my middle and pointer finger before I pointed it at Hector. Hector smiled sadly at me as he kissed his fingers and pointed them at me. I chuckled with a smile.