𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔. 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Wait I see something"

His eyes widened, a glint of hope.

"You're not playing right"

Jaemin straighten his back, eyes trailing over to the spot Jeno was pointing at.

"Let's go check it out"

"Are you sure about it-"

"Jeno, I didn't know you were such a scaredy cat"
Jaemin grinned as he took a run towards the small spark of light and as he ran, it only got closer.

"Hey you jerk! Wait up!"

That's how you initiate a game of catching in the middle of the night. How nice.

——————————

"JinRin!" Jaemin called out, even though the girl was literally a face away from him.

Taken aback, JinRin stood there speechless.
There were finding her-?

"Thank goodness your okay" Jaemin worriedly scanned the girl from head to toe before mindlessly pulling JinRim into a hug.

"Don't every run off like that okay, you gave everyone a scare... we were very worried about you" Jaemin continued whilst immersed in the warmth that's as spreading across his chest.

Unbeknownst to him, JinRin felt the warmth as well.

Only after letting go, then reality dawned upon the boy.

"Oh shit- I"

What a sin had he just committed and how did he survive that.

JinRin's mind cleared and her ears rang. Her heart raced and she swore others could here her heartbeat.

Keeping her cool, JinRin gave Jaemin a small smile and bowed politely to Jeno who only returned with a face replica of the wink face emoji.

"Don't act so sly" Juni whispered.
"Go shoot your shot before it's too late"

"Shut up... what are you talking about" JinRin groaned out gently poked her friend away from her.

"JinRin" Jaemin softly called out, earning the attention of both girls.

"We found out what had happened... we're very sorry JinRin"

"..."

"Mrs Kang told us-"

"Yeah she told me that too..."

"She also told us the address where your mum probably is, which is in Sewon's office"

"What-"

"She has been blackmailed into serving as Sewon's slave and according to Mrs Kang... it was my fault"
Jaemin ended guiltily.

JinRin sighed.

"You did nothing wrong Jaemin... It's my fault. If only I had been a better daughter, my mum wouldn't have been tempted by whatever offer Sewon gave to her"

"But nothing would have ended up this way if Sewon didn't like me" Jaemin bitterly muttered out.

"I know it's not the best time to say this but I am really glad I met you boys..." JinRin cringed at the sound of her words.

"You guys helped me out so much... thank you, really"

"You were involved cause of me idiot... you would have been living off a peaceful life..." Jaemin sighed painfully, looking at the girl seated opposite of him.

JinRin looked away, but manage to force a subtle smile.

"But it was through knowing me... we found out that Ji Geon was innocent all this time."

"And true be told, I truly understand the meaning of you only live once" JinRin chuckled, looking down at her bandages wound.

"It really has been hell and heaven"

"But the hell hasn't ended yet..." Jaemin pursed his lips whilst glancing at JinRin with eyes full of passion and worry.

"Trust me. I really want to barge into her office right now but it'll be unlikely for them to be awake"
JinRin said rationally.

"If it'll be fine, we can make an effort to visit or perhaps invade her office tomorrow"

"I guess your right... the boss battle. But don't worry, justice will definitely be served. I promise you that you and your mum will be back together in one piece."

"I'll have your word."

"Thanks Jaemin"

The boy reached out his pinky finger, wanting to do it the traditional way.
JinRin gave a judging look to Jaemin who only returned his signature smile.

"You'll have my word."

Truth be told, JinRin felt much better after the encounter. Jaemin's cheekiness really comforted her and gave her a sense of ease. Or was there another reason?

Was for her to know and... for her to find out.