𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓. 𝐃𝐨𝐯𝐞

"Just run to me, run to the start, run from the past, away from all the troubles, away from all the debris"

Thursday, drink away all your tears and pain.

JinRin

She ran like the wind, like a race against time.

She gasps for air as she meanders through the throngs of people.

She passed by countless families who were smiling from ear to ear, enjoying the warmth of family love.

The only thing JinRin ever wished for in her life.

And the only thing she couldn't have.

The inertia caused her to slow down a little, striding pass some hurdles and curbs, stones and signboards didn't seem to stop the girl's high.

Mouth pale as the sheet of blank wall, face striking red due to the immense amount of wind hitting her face like a continue cannonballs of fire.

In due time, her face would've undoubtedly froze— an accelerating popsicle, how funny.

JinRin dodged her way through everyone, squeezing like a red blood cell in a capillary before she soon entered her supposed destination.

Lucky for her, people seem to not mind her, equally moving away to allow the girl to pass through. Within seconds, she made it out the traffic jam of humanity, thanks to the many kind-hearted individuals.

It was rather abnormal, an uncanny sensation.
Since when were strangers so nice?

Now, the stalls JinRin briefly caught a sight of we're familiar, memories flooding in— a hit back into her young teenage days.

Gosh, how she craved for the fishcake stall to be open right now, maybe then she can forget all that had happened in her life.

She was being nonsensical at this point. With a missing mother and useless father, JinRin is a total failure. So what if she topped the entire school, so what if she has been earning a good income to support her family? So what...

The cooling air immediately welcomed her and the instant refreshing scent of the caramel coffee tingled her senses.

Whirls of the ceiling fan made the girl dizzy, vision slightly foggy. Tumbling down on the nearest sit, JinRin slowed her breath down, letting the adrenaline in her seep in.

"JinRin? What are you doing here?" A voice immediately welcomed the disoriented girl, rushing to her right after clearing up the last table.

JinRin stood up and stumbled her way through the place, walking wherever her legs could take her.

"Please give me eight shots of ice americanos" The girl casually muttered as she heavily took a seat on one of the chairs nearby yet again.