𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏. 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

Monday , blue skies turn to grey now, my eyes turn to rain clouds

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Monday , blue skies turn to grey now, my
eyes turn to rain clouds. - Anson Sebra

"At that time you and I were burning like fireworks" - Back to you, Kun & Xiaojun

JinRin

"JinRin, are you prepared for the elections?"

"I'm not really sure Chaewon,  you know how busy I am, they might not see me as a suitable candidate for that position..."

"Bestie, don't you worry, you'll definitely get the spot, I can name a hundred reasons why you should be voted"

Smiling sincerely, I felt grateful for having such a supportive friend like Chaewon.
Not everyone is as lucky as to have someone to lean on...

We soon went to the canteen, and Chaewon, being the kind friend she is, decided to treat me to some delicious ham and cheese sandwich.

As Chaewon went to queue up behind the dragon line that had been formed, I drifted off to wonderland.

Revising my speech persistently in my head, I wasn't aware of the unceremonious appearance of two girls.

Glowering at me, one of the girls stared at me with aversion stronger than metal.

"She's that idiot who dared to slap me, she needs a taste of her own medicine, don't you think so?"

The other girl looked at me as if I was a grisly pair of worn out slippers.

"I knew she was a loser since the start"

As their disgruntled complaints got louder, I was jolted out of my reverie.

Nettled at their never ending whining, I sighed and looked up, only to find two familiar faces staring right back at me.

I steely glared at them, hoping that they would at least get a clue to find somewhere else to gossip. They need to understand that not everyone enjoys spreading rumours and complaining about every single thing possible.

"You don't ever seem to get a clue don't you"
Min smirked and placed her long arms on her hips.

"What is the first thing you learn in school? That is to never stick in our business"

"Says the girl who always finds the need to trip me in the canteen" I retorted.

"You started it first! You played with Jaemin's heart you idiot! You must had done some magic to him, why would he like a fool like you"

"He deserves so much better than a shoe, right Ji Geon?"

Min glanced at Ji Geon, hoping to get an affirmation from her.

Only when she saw the look of terror on Ji Geon's face.

"Geon, you fine?" Min nudged her now best friend.

"Do you perhaps know Jaemin? Or shocked that he would like-"

"Chaewon? Is-s that you?"
A film of sweat started forming on Ji Geon's forehead.
There was no way she was prepared for this.

Facing her long lost best friend, after such a long time, she instantly felt herself shrunk into a tiny mouse.

She lost the act she was putting on ever since that incident happened, the old her threatening to come out.

No, Ji Geon was not only shocked, she was scared of facing her past, she was afraid of how Chaewon might think of her.

After all these years, Ji Geon spent day and night, alone, thinking about the mistake she made in the past, how she should not have left without saying a word.

Leaving her best friend hanging with nothing whatsoever. She could obviously feel the pain, the same agony that Chaewon was feeling.

However, in her case, Ji Geon was too occupied with the matter at hand and all the messed up problems in her life, that she neglected others feelings and thoughts

When she got hold of the valuable chance to stay in contact with Chaewon, she let pride overtake her own emotions hence leaving Chaewon once more. But that was the last time she left her.
Ji Geon never contacted anyone again.

Reason why was she didn't want anyone to know about her past, what she has been through.

Ji Geon wanted to start anew, make new friends, a new home, new school, new personality; a new life.

Though that was only part of the reason why she moved away so suddenly.

Facing Chaewon now, it was as if all that she wished for had come true. The wishes and prayers made every night have worked.

But did she deserve this? Deserve meeting her best friend once more, in her other life?

As Ji Geon recalled, a second ago she was bullying Chaewon's supposed best friend.

Gulping, Ji Geon felt as if she was strapped to a chair whilst looking at an open door.

With nowhere to run, nowhere to escape, nowhere to hide.

To hide her fears, mistakes, problems and her past.

A dead end she was at.

'Oh god, I forgot about yesterday' I facepalmed myself internally.

Looking up at Chaewon, all I could see were the pink leaves in her shedding, the glass in her breaking, the Chaewon I knew a second ago, long gone.

Only to dissipate into a broken little girl.

Pulling my arms, Chaewon dragged me away, leaving the two stunned girls, standing there, without the intention of chasing us.

"Chae... are you okay? Do you want to eat outside instead? The weather is warm and cooling, it will help clear your mind" I consoled, breaking the rare awkward silence between us.

Still.. there wasn't a reply.

We decided to let our feet lead us to wherever they want.

So, here we are at our usual spot, sitting on the swing next to each other whilst swinging slowly.

Sighing, I sympathised with Chaewon.
I knew the agony of someone who was once so true to you, leaving you.

Thinking back to the note I received from mother, I wondered how she was doing. I hope she will return soon.

That was how lunch break ended, with the two heavy- hearted girls staring at the field of grass.

——————————

"Jisung, I kind of...accidentally eavesdropped a conversion between Ji Geon and a girl"

"Chenle! Did something happen? Are you hurt or-?"

"I'm fine Sung... just I think something serious happened between those two girls"

"You know what I'm thinking"

"You're right, let's find out, but first, whose is the other girl again?"

"I think she's in Haechan's class"

"Mission is set"

ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ🌙  𝐍𝐚 𝐉𝐚𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें