𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔. 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬

Thursday, the shadow enveloped every being

"In my head, in the picture, I'm next to you smiling,
when it rains sadly, the day I hate everything"
- hate everything, GSoul

His palms obliterated his vision, as he gently sagged on the grainy ground, watching as the sky slowly dimmed darker every second he was there.

He was going to give up.

He was going to.

The hopeless pair stood under a streetlight, wandering around, kicking stones, lightly feeling the messy wind.

"Oh my what happened to the tenacious Jaemin?" Jeno teased, hoping to lighten up the mood despite it being almost close to midnight.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there, ever heard of that quote?" Jaemin said as he straightened his back, totally taking back what he said earlier.

Just like camels in a never ending desert, they were stuck there trying their best to find the missing girl.

"Why did you choose the ocean over school?" Jeno asked, half- yawning.

Jaemin shrugged, refusing to continue on with the conversation, refusing to think about her when all his mind is filled with only her.

The pair had been travelling around the town to different places where they assumed JinRin might be at.

They felt like they were in a haystack and JinRin was the needle.

Not getting to know her better made things a million times harder so instead of being on level hundred, Jeno could already feel the boss fight just miles away.

Their newly formed search team consists of almost everyone except Chaewon for some unknown reason.

Everyone lost hope at some point.

The search efforts continued till night time before everyone had no choice but to return home since some of them had to attend 'family time'.

The only ones left were Chenle, Mark, and the two hopeless pair.

Sighing in defeat, Jeno looked towards the boy beside him.

His face no longer shined like a supernova, his body no longer looked exemplary and his aura was no longer warm.

Rather, he was hiding in the confines of his dark hoodie, having the hood over his head to hide his unhappiness.

"Thanks for sticking by my side Jeno, I do owe you one" Jaemin breathlessly chuckled, head facing the cracked pavement ground.

"That's what best friends are for and god I cringed, don't make me say that ever again" Jeno, grabbing Jaemin into a headlock.