"Alright," Mrs. Weasley said in a low tone, "Who's looking after your father right now?"

"Hestia is. Dad's much better, Mum. The Healer reckon he can go home before New Year's Eve."

"...Not that Augustus Pye, right?"

"No," Bill said, chuckling.

Moody came strutting in with his wooden leg and walking stick click clacking against the floor. He growled, "You don't think we should flush 'em out of the house or charm 'em all to sleep?"

"That'd be very hard to do, considering there are twenty, twenty-five servants. The house is huge, though, so we'll be safe if we don't make too much noise. Let's just use Muffliato charm."

"What?" Ron whispered, high-pitched, "Exactly how rich is Daisy?"

"Hang on a second..." Mrs. Weasley immediately transformed into a hound on a hunt, and her head jerked up almost immediately. Thankfully, the kids' reflexes were undefeated. "Oh, I thought I heard something..."

"C'mon, we should go now. Molly—"

"Lead the way, Mum."

Fred's eyes were glued to the back of their heads until they were out of sight, followed by several clicks of locks and rattling of keys.

They're on their way now...

Then Lupin and Sirius reappeared, and they didn't hesitate to look up and meet their eyes directly, as if they had known there were rats eavesdropping from up there. Fred could feel his cheeks heating up and Hermione, gulping audibly beside him, and George, tensing immensely.

Sirius cracked a grin, "I didn't expect less. That's exactly how true friends should act."

Lupin gave them a soft smile, thrusting his hands into his pockets. "You should sleep. But if you can't, anyone care for some chocolate drink?"

Ginny immediately stood up, wiping dusts off her nightgown, "Yes, please."

Fred looked at George, and they became the second to walk down the stairs.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

A/N:
I would like to apologize if I fail to portray abusive behavior and its effects correctly, or if I happen to offend any one of you faithful readers 🤍 Hope everyone's okay

I would also like to give you all a heads-up: I'm not British, I have never been to England, my level of Science knowledge is limited to what my high school exams asked of me, and I was born after the 21st century began —so there might be some facts I got through research that I didn't get right.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

December 27th, 1995