Chapter 40

Jordan's POV*

I was running away from him. Yes, I felt bad, but I can't just take him back... He hurt me.

I was almost at the apartment to get my bag but I felt someone hold my hand. I turned around and it was Cameron. "You need to stop, Cameron." I fired at him.

"No." he said, determined.

"You need to let me go. I thought forgiveness was enough."

"Well.... it wasn't."

"It has to be! What you don't realize is you hurt me. Knowing that Mahogany beat me a second time with your love.... it breaks a woman." he sighed.

"Jordan, I understand that your hurt, and if I could turn back time, I would do it in a heart beat. I never loved her and I never will-"

"It doesn't matter! I hate you-"

"Will you stop being so god damn stubborn and listen?!" my eyebrows furrowed and my face grew red. "Don't get mad at me because you know it's the truth. Tell me, why did you come to the apartment?" he asked, sternly. I no longer had the power in this situation.

"I don't know." I said, feeling slightly defeated.

"Tell me, everything you do has a purpose. Why'd you come? You could've just left to a hotel, knowing I was here. You could've went on another plane. Why?"

"I don't know, I felt bad for you?" I said, loosing more and more power.

"Jordan, that's not it and you know it. Tell me or you'll have this lie on your shoulders."

"Cameron stop-"

"Why-"

"It doesn't matter-"

"Why-"

"Drop it-"

"Why?!" he let go of my hand and looked directly into my eyes, almost looking for the truth.

"Because I love you!" I yelled. I brushed my hair back and rubbed my forehead. I didn't dare look up at him. "As much as I hate it, I missed you and I never stopped loving you. And I tried everything to forget about you... but it just never works. You're stuck like glue to me..."

"That's all I needed." he came closer to me, held my cheeks, and kissed me right in the pouring rain. And.... I kissed back. And it felt great. He lifted me up, by my waist, as I cupped his face, spinning me around a bit.

When he put me down, we pulled apart. "She loves me!!!" he shouted in the streets.

"Cameron get back, here." I scolded so he wouldn't get hit by a car.

"Jordan Josephina Williams loves me! I kissed her and she kissed me back!" he yelled again.

"Cameron!" he looked my way and smiled.

"Oh yeah." he ran over to me and kissed me again, passion never leaving his lips. When we pulled apart, he smiled. "So you love me?" I rolled my eyes, smirking. "And you missed me?"

"Shut up."

"And you yearn for my touch-" I cupped my hand over his mouth.

"Shut up." I felt him smile and I pulled away.

"Will you never leave me because of those reasons?"

"I don't know, will you cheat on me or leave me for a psychopath?" I said, crossing my arms.

"Never again."

"That's what they all say."

"Well I'm not like the other guys."he swung me into his arms. "I can learn a lesson." I chuckled.

"Barely." he smiled and carried me upstairs. "God... my conscious is saying don't do this but.."

"You want to anyway?" he asked, almost at our door.

"Yeah..."

"Good. But I'm not gonna do anything with you." he said, placing me down. I looked at him confused, looking for some explanation. "I mean, if you want to..." he winked at me, then opened the door. We walked in then sat down on the couch. I looked down at my clothes then at his.

"We're soaked." he laughed and nodded.

"We are..." he stood up and walked toward the bathroom. I shrugged and leaned my elbows on my knees and held my head in my hands. A couple seconds later, I felt something around me; a towel. I turned to him and he smiled. "You're welcome."

"Thank you." I smiled and leaned back. "Cameron... where do we go from here?" I asked. "We clearly have feelings for each other, but a bad past."

"I know... but give us one more chance?" he asked. "You won't regret it..." he said, crawling his fingers up my leg, then stopping mid-thigh.

"Ok. One more chance, then if you mess up, I'm leaving and gone, for good."

"Yes ma'am." he leaned in to kiss me, and I gladly kissed back. As our kiss deepened he picked me up, and carried me to our room. He laid me down onto the bed and kissed along my jaw.

*************

He cuddled me into his arms as I laid my head on his bare chest and leg across his. He gently played with my messy hair, smiling. "I am madly in love with you." he softly whispered in my ear. I kissed his cheek, smiling.

"Am I interrupting something?" we looked up and saw Nona in the doorway. I squealed a little and went under the covers. I couldn't bear for her to see my scarlet red cheeks.

"Just a little bit, Nona." Cameron said. I could tell he was smiling.

"Ok.... I heard footsteps getting quieter but you could still hear her voice. "You two are loud." I looked up and she was out of the room. Cameron chuckled and kissed my forehead.
----------------------------------------------