Chapter 12

Cameron's POV*

We arrived in Moscow, and I was immediately hit by the cold air. "It's freezing." I said, buttoning up my jacket.

"It's beautiful." Jordan mumbled, looking around. No, you are, Jordan. I kissed her cheek and she smiled. "What was that for?" she asked, giggling.

"I just want you to know I care about you." she started to blush and hugged me.

"I do." we held hands and walked to our hotel. It was extravagant, 30 floors, plush red flooring, patios in only the most important rooms (ours), and the best bedding in Russia. Just for her.

When we walked inside our room, her jaw dropped, so did her bags, and she ran to the bed, plopping down. I placed my bag down and sat next to her. "Do you like it?" I asked, hopeful.

She was tossing and turned in the bed, feeling the sheets. "I love it!" I chuckled and took off my coat. She sat up and looked at me seriously. "Cameron, am I going to be at your meeting?" she asked.

"No, it's just a CEO meeting." she looked down, sad, then sighed. I walked over to her and sat back down. "Why are you sad?" I asked.

"I wanted to get in on the action." I chuckled and rubbed her thigh.

"You will just... a different kind of action." she rolled her eyes and playfully hit my shoulder.

"Oh, Cameron... then what am I supposed to do?" I went into my wallet and gave her a few hundred rubles (Russian currency). "Why?"

"Go, walk around. Don't get lost, but explore. And tonight, we'll have dinner, and you can tell me all about it. How does that sound?"

"Ok, I guess." I smiled and kissed her softly on the lips.

"Good. But can you bring the paper work to the meeting? I don't mean to hassle you."

"No, it's ok. You're the boss." she giggled then went to the bathroom.

Jordan's POV*

I turned in the paper work for the meeting then went back out to Moscow. I had no idea what to do. Eat? Site seeing? What the heck does he mean by explore?! I walked to a taxi and got in. "Can you take me to the best cafe in a the city?" I asked in Russian (I took it in college). He nodded and we drove for about 5 minutes, before I paid him and got out. The cafe was small and the aroma of hot chocolate and croissants emerged. I took in a deep sigh and walked in. Barely anyone was inside and they were all old people. I walked to the counter and ordered exactly what I smelled.

I went to a small table for two and sat down. The croissant was perfect and so was the coco. Perfect for this weather. I just read a book and drank for a while until a boy with blonde hair and brown eyes sat in front of me. "Well, bonjourno. What's a beautiful woman like you doing, dining here all alone?" he asked, shining me his pearly white smile.

"I was hungry." I simply replied. "And I'd like to eat alone, if you don't mind."

"Feisty. Will you at least tell me your name?" he asked.

"Jordan."

"I love that name, I don't hear it often. Mine's Matthew." he gave me his hand to shake, which I did. "So what are you doing in Moscow? You seem American- I mean, I could be wrong but.... I doubt it."

"Actually I am American and I'm here for a business trip." I replied, finishing my hot chocolate.

"Oh, same! What's your profession?" he asked, genuinely interested.

"Are you going to stalk me or something?" I asked, a little flirtatious. Not too much, then that'd be like cheating on Cameron..... but we're not official. I'm gonna have to talk to him about this.

"No. If you wanna know, I'm a lawyer. You have the face of a lawyer, did you know that?" he asked, smirking.

"You read people like a book, you know that, Matthew?" he chuckled and nodded.

"So I've been told." he glanced at his rather expensive looking watch and sighed. "I'm terribly sorry, Jordan. I have to go to a meeting. I hope we meet again." he laid a small kiss onto my hand, stood up, then left. I sighed then stood up, going to throw away my garbage. I liked talking to someone besides Cameron, Nona, and Margot.

I went outside and looked around. There was a tourist booth with brochures, so I figured, just go site seeing.

*******

I ended up going to the Hermitage St. Petersburg museum and looked around. It was incredible big and had exquisite tunnels and columns. In one hall, hung a beautiful antique chandelier, but it didn't light it. Four other lighting fixtures did. The whole place had elegance and class and I admire that. Finally, something to tell Cameron.
----------------------------------------------