Chapter 39

80k+?! I honestly feel so loved. You guys' comments just make me so happy and I'm so grateful to have you guys. I'm glad you all like my work. <3<3
----------------------------------------------
Cameron's POV*

"Cameron?" I looked at her, struggling to find the words to say. She seemed so sad, looking at my broken self. She could probably smell the Gin and Vodka bottles laying around. She can see I haven't shaved in 4 months or got a haircut. She can see I'm a mess and yet, she remains this beautiful angel.

Finally, I mustered enough confidence to speak to her. "Jordan..." she sighed and walked up to me. Nona quietly left, closing the door. I stood up from the couch as she dropped her bags, coming closer to me. "Jordan-" she slapped me across the face, with a few tears leaving her eyes. She was quiet, biting her lip. I sighed, shaking my head. "I deserved that..."

"Yeah, no shit." she said, her voice groggy from the upcoming tears. We just looked at each other for a while, our expressions changing from surprised and angry to calm.

"... Can we talk?" I asked. I licked my lips, looking down to her. "Please?" she sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah." we sat down on the couch and I folded my hands.

Jordan's POV*

I sat there quietly, not knowing what to say. Then, he broke the silence. "I'm so-"

"Cameron, don't apologize, you've done that enough..." I took a deep breath in, then continued. "I just need to know, why."

"... I was in LA, calling your phone nonstop... I thought the worst, you know that? And it came true." I sighed, rubbing my eyes. "But... I never stopped thinking about you until she had me trapped."

"Cameron-"

"I'm serious, Jordan."

"I never said you weren't, I just need to know why and I feel like you're sugar coating everything." I said, frustrated.

"She seduced me. And I was dumb enough to fall into that dumb ass web of hers... That's why." he started to tear up, all of them real. "If I had any clue to what she did to you, I would've killed her myself. She's evil and what I did can't be forgiven.... but I'm just asking you to try." more tears flowed down his pink cheeks. I sighed, shaking my head. I turned toward him and wiped away the tears on his moist cheeks.

"... I forgive you." he looked up at me with so much hope in his eyes, it made you want to cry. But forgiveness doesn't mean we're back. It means one weight is off his shoulders. But... I just have to help him get himself together.

"Do you think... you'd ever come back to Grey?" he asked, hopeful. I shrugged.

"Maybe... But, let's get you cleaned up, ok?" he nodded and I stood up. "Come on." I held out my hand and he gladly took it. We walked to his room and I got him his towel. "Get in the shower and clean your ass!" he chuckled and nodded. "And don't forget to shave that mess on your face."

"Alright, alright." he walked to the bathroom and I smiled a little. Now, for this apartment.

While he showered, I gathered all of the cans and bottles around the place and put them into the trash. I washed a few dishes and straightened up the living room and bedroom. When he got out, he walked out in just a towel, showing off his build chest and v-line. I couldn't help but stare, making him cough a little. "S-Sorry." I mumbled, pushing some hair behind my ear.

"It's fine..." he said, with his infamous smile. He went to his dresser and picked out a few clothes, me just watching him.

Finally, I got out of my daze and left for the living room so he could change. I went on my phone and saw a missed call from Margot. I called her and she immediately picked up. "Paris?!" she yelled.

"Yeah, sorry." I chuckled.

"That's like 8 time zones away from me, I hate you!" she joked.

"Well, I love you so shut up." I joked back.

"Cameron's there, though..."

"I'm actually at our old place with him... just to talk. We aren't getting back together but... I had to forgive him for our own sakes." I heard her laugh.

"God, you two were meant for each other!" she laughed again. "Well... I just wanted to check up on you. Eva, the new CEO of Grey, is making me work all the time but, whatever. I love you."

"Love you, too. Bye Margot." I hung up and looked up to see Cameron walking toward me.

"Wanna go on a walk?" he asked. I shrugged and nodded. "Cool."
********

We walked along the coast, not really saying a word. We just had each other's company. Quite frankly, I didn't know what to say to him, he makes me so bipolar. He makes me act a certain way and I can't pin point why. Then, finally, he spoke. "I actually enjoy your company.... It's relaxing." I smiled. "Even though you aren't speaking." I chuckled and nodded.

"Sorry... I don't really know what to say." he put his hands into his pockets, a thing he does when he feels awkward.

"Tell me about your life, now." he suggested.

"Ok... After I quit Grey, I went to Lanier, became a lawyer, worked my ass off, quit, then came here for a break..." I sighed, shaking my head. "I really hated Lanier." he laughed and smiled at me.

"Shoulda stayed a Grey."

"Well, I think you can understand why I left." I replied, smirking. "...But Grey Inc. was inviting and I missed it.... That type of closure, you don't get often... it was homey." he nodded. "Tell me why you're here."

"Just like you, I needed a break... But from you. All I would think about was you and I could feel it driving me insane." I looked down, not daring to say a word. "And I came here because I thought it'd take my mind off of the entire situation but it didn't... but I couldn't go back to New York..."

"Cameron... I'm sorry I crossed your mind a few times but-" he stopped and looked right at me. It was secluded and getting cloudy.

"Jordan... You don't cross my mind, you live in it. And frankly, I don't think I mind it a bit. Because thinking of a beautiful, intelligent, independent, courageous woman like you is a blessing." slowly, drops of rain trickled down. He walked up to me and held my cheek. "You... are a blessing." the rain picked up and hit the sand. "And... you don't have to love, care, or even like me in the slightest... just know... you've never left my heart." I was speechless, standing in the now downpour, with the softest hand in the world rubbing my cheek. All I could do is stare into his big brown eyes, saddened by the disappointment that was going to fill them.

"I'm sorry, Cameron...." I removed his hand and turned around, running.
----------------------------------------------