Chapter 15

Jordan's POV*

I took a shower, a washing away all of the memories with Cameron, then sighed when I was finished. I changed into my pajamas and grabbed a carton of vanilla ice cream. I put on Netflix and watched Dear John. "He offered you so much and you just go and marry some other guy?! He loved you! And you threw him away like garbage. For some 'spouse material' crap." I said when the movie ended. I shouldn't be thinking about him. I put down the carton of ice cream and sat up. "I just need to hang out with friends more, get my mind off of him." I dialed up Margot's number and soon got ready for our night out in the town.

The Next Day....

Cameron's POV*

I woke up with the sound of my doorbell ringing. I turned to my side and saw Mahogany sleeping soundly, so I got up quietly, and headed downstairs. When I opened the door, I saw a big box labeled For Cameron and a letter.

Dear Cameron,

Since you'd prefer to have a whore of a girlfriend than one who stood by you, I'll return all of the gifts you gave me. Here's the clothes, shoes, whatever. See you at work, boss. Keep it professional.

Sincerely,

Jordan J. Williams

I sighed and crumpled up the letter. I pulled out my phone and dialed her number it took 5 rings but she answered. "What? It's my day off." she said, in her morning voice.

"Don't act like you don't know. Why the hell did you return the things I bought you, to me?!"

"Well why the hell not?!" she yelled back. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Just... call me if something's wrong at work, not because I'm returning something I don't want-"

"Like you don't want the clothes. They're gorgeous and expensive."

"Whoops." she simply replied and hung up. I groaned and walked back inside, slamming the door. Why I was so angry, I don't know. Maybe it was because I wanted her to be sad about me leaving her and holding on to everything I gave her. Maybe it's for the best. I have Mahogany, now, and we're willing to have a new start.

******

I woke up today, actually scared to go to work. Jordan would have some attitude and ruin my make-up-meeting with the Russian lawyer. This time, she was coming to America to meet with me. I put on my grey suit and black tie then brushed my teeth. I kissed Mahogany goodbye, then headed off to work. "So.... you're back together with Miss. Mahogany?" Daniel, my chauffeur, and close friend, asked.

"Yeah. If our relationship is on the right track, she might be my Mrs. Dallas." he chuckled and shook his head.

"But she did you wrong? Many times too.... in your bed-"

"Enough." I said, clenching my jaw. "She'll be loyal. I have faith in her."

"You must have a lot of faith.... now what happened to that Jordan girl? I thought you two were serious."

"No, we weren't, but Mahogany came back into the picture."

"So you just dumped her?!" he asked, in a joking way, with a hint of seriousness. "That's cruel."

"I'm in love with Mahogany. Easy as that." he rolled his eyes and pulled up to the building.

"Nice chatting with ya boss." he said. I got out and closed the door.

"Same to you." I walked up the steps to the building and walked through the lobby. "Good morning, Margot." she rolled her eyes and typed away.

"Morning, boss." she said, with much attitude.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Nothing. I-It's that time of the month." I nodded, knowing she's lying to save her job. Her and Jordan are best friends, she's bound to know what happened. I took the elevator up an went straight to my office. There was coffee waiting on my desk along with paperwork for the next case.

I sat down and took a sip of my coffee, then looked down in disgust. It tasted terrible, a strong taste of hazelnut and soy milk. "Jordan!" I called. I heard the clicking of her shoes and she swung open the door.

"Yes, Mr. Dallas?" she asked, rudely.

"The coffee is terrible!" I said, motioning to the coffee.

"Well sorry. That's all they had." she smirked and walked away. I sighed and began typing on my keyboard.

"Note to self: NEVER break up with a woman who makes your coffee every morning."
----------------------------------------------