The clothes I was currently in left my top half drowned in a hoodie, the new black shorts ending at my mid upper thighs. There, I could see white gauze wrapped around both of my knees, a bandage at my ankle and two more around the balls of my feet.

While the shirt hid it, there were bandages that wrapped the bullet wound on my arm, something sticky on the palms of both of my hands that felt like a kind of gel or cream that hadn't yet dried.

Alec remained silent as I looked over myself inch by inch, noticing every bit of care he'd offered—or at least I assumed he offered.

As I felt my face heat, my eyes returning to him, I saw that his expression hadn't changed, even with the new kind of anger that was coursing through my body.

"You had no right to—" I began, once again feeling cornered before his words cut mine off, demanding my attention and not letting it be the other way around.

"I had every right to take care of you when it became clear just how much you neglect to do it yourself." Alec says, leaning forward slightly as the smallest sliver of his resolve cracked.

I flinched as he grabbed onto the sheets around my body and yanked them too fast for me to fight back, baring me to him. Despite the clothes he put me in covering more than enough of my skin to make me feel comfortable, I kicked as he grabbed onto my one ankle, overpowering me much too quickly for my liking.

Pressing his thumb to the arch of my foot, I winced and tried to pull away at the pain I hadn't expected to feel there.

"Why in the hell would you ditch your shoes in the middle of November with this much snow on the ground?" Alec demands, putting my foot down just to keep it pinned there, looking at the scratches I'd earned somewhere along the way across both of my knees.

"Do you not realize how close you were to getting frostbite in addition to the risked infections you subjected yourself to?" He continues, my chest aching with how close he was to me right now.

If he got any closer, I think I might slap him for getting into business that had nothing to fucking do with him.

"You know what, Alec? I take back what I said last night. I'm not sorry—"

"None of us could care less if you feel sorry or not. Not to be cliche, but if you're going to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for yourself." He says, moving off of the bed as I watch him with absolute fury.

He was the one who chained me here and still had the audacity to speak to me like he had a stick shoved up his ass at my presence.

It's not my fault he chose his room to keep me locked up in.

"What the hell's that supposed to mean?" I growl, yanking at the cuffs again just to meet the same, infuriating resistance.

Alec silently shakes his head as he grabs what looks to be a bottle of disinfectant on the bedside table, along with a handful of tissues before moving back onto the bed.

His jaw was set in a way that made me notice just how much sharper his features looked when he was frustrated, something I rarely saw from him when we used to be together.

Good.

He should be frustrated because last night was nothing more than a temporary moment of weakness. The fact that they proceeded to handcuff me in addition to knocking me out was as insulting as it was ridiculous.

I had no plans to make this easy for him, especially as he began to tug the left sleeve of my hoodie off of my arm.

"No, if you're going to play silent then you can go fuck yourself along with every other arrogant, egotistic male in this household." I fumed, trying to elbow him in the jaw for even thinking that he had the right to touch me.