C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - T W O

Começar do início

"It was bloody, Cazh," Sirius commented.

"Just like how bloody she still is," Marlene observed as they finally get a better picture of the match's aftermath.

I excuse myself, saying, "Yeah, I truly need help to patch myself up. I don't want to go to the Hospital Wing because Jonathan might still be there." Although it is not because Jonathan is also present, the fact that I shall be stuck in the Hospital Wing once more makes me sicker than I already am.

"We can help you with all of that, Cazh," Lily remarked as she and Remus escorted me to my room. The others let us rest and heal while James accompanied us and stayed by my side, which I greatly appreciated.

Everything that happened to me seemed like it was part of a twisted game of fate as if I only had restricted access to happiness and freedom. It was telling me that I had a part to play in this war, in the approaching bloodbath, and that I had no choice but to embrace it because no button can help me escape this sick game.

I can't help but think that I'll have to step up my game in this warfare, and I need to do much more than relay information about the scenes I'm witnessing in my head due to my curse.

But...what exactly is it demanding of me?

I can't help but believe that everything about this effing curse has something to do with my purpose, my identity, my tale, and the destiny of everyone living in this divided society.

"Cazh? Are you sure you don't want to be checked into the Hospital Wing?" It was Lily who eventually drew me out of my reverie. James clutched my scarred hands with mild firmness as he looked at me, his eyes and emotions filled with anxiety.

I simply said, "Yeah, I can handle it."

 Before nodding their heads, Remus and Lily exchange a knowing gaze. "Just let us know if you need anything," Lily added.

"We'll allow you and James some privacy. Have a pleasant evening, Cazh. You deserve to rest," Remus said, a soft smile plastered on his face.

While viewing them depart the room, I flashed both of them a grateful smile.

Fire engulfs both souls desiring to spend a lifetime of contentment with each other, filling the space with silence. As he moved me closer to him, with my head resting on the crook of his neck while he delicately found his hand weaving through my locks along with his other hand fiddling with my fingers, I couldn't resist but crave James' warmth.

No one dared to break the comforting silence as we melt into each other's arms without worrying about how late it is or what would the world will bring to us tomorrow.

Nothing is definite, but I am positive that I could not have asked for anything more as I allowed myself to be vulnerable in front of my special person, even if it was only for a brief moment.

"Do you want to talk about it?" James asked carefully as he broke the silence. It was not forceful nor offending as his voice held so much care.

I shake my head as he felt my answer directly on his skin.

"Then you should sleep, love," James spoke as he caressed my hair and gently kiss the top of my head. "Don't think about anything else and let yourself take a break for tonight." Hundreds of butterflies released themselves from the confinement of my sentiments as a result of these simple, pleasant, and kind gestures. Even though the door was ajar, they managed to get out as a tear streamed down my cheek.