CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: A Lovely Dream I Shared With Him Under The Starry Skies

Depuis le début

"I don't like cool people." I retorted.

"You're cool and you don't need to like yourself, Blondie. Because that's my job. That's why I am here. To like you." He said coolly.

I almost sputter him with the pineapple juice I am currently drinking. But good thing I decided to just swallow it, which gave me thw worst result, I choked myself.

"Are you okay?" He asked while handing me a table napkin.

I drank a little water and took the table napkin. "I am fine." I said.

"Okay. If you say so." He said.

"So I am strange and weird?" I asked in a raised brow.

"Yes." He answered with so mich confidence.

"What the--"

"You're strangely beautiful and weirdly sexy." He answered without taking his eyes off of mine.

My cheeks are burning and I can feel as the heat surges in. Okay, forget I asked. Why do I have to ask? I should've just ended the conversation without asking that kind of thing. Stupid mouth!

I took the water goblet and drank the remaining water from it to put out the fire in my cheeks. Jeez! This is getting more and more intense. But I can't lose to him. I just can't. I am a Wessler, I have to fight back.

"Well, you are cool. That's why I don't like you." I fired back.

"You hate me?" He asked looking so smug with those freaking evil grin.

"Yes. Definitely yes." I answered with equal smugness. Ha! What does he take me for? I can fight back, jerk!

"That's awesome, Blondie. The more you hate, the more you love." He said while playfully wiggling his eyebrows.

I wanna throw him the first thing I see, and that would be the steak knife but I thought otherwise. I can't provoke him. If I show him how greatly annoyed I am right now, he won't stop. He'll just add up more firewoods into the bonfire. He loves getting under my skin. So I have the greatest idea to just go with the flow and pretend I am up for another game of 'See-Who-Annoys-The-Best'.

"So you like Kelly?" I asked with a smirk.

"What's that got to do with this conversation?"

"Well, you said you like me because I'm cool. So you like Kelly, too. That's..." I paused trying to think of a word. "...incest."

"No it's not."

"Yes, it is. You said she is cool and you like cool people." I insisted.

"No. You asked me how it felt like having a sister and I said it was cool. I never said Philips is cool. The feeling is cool and I am cool with it. Not the person herself." He said.

Okay, that made my jaw drop. I said, I'll never engage into an argument with Kohell but look where my big mouth brought me. To my own embarrassment . Might as well pierce this steak knife in my heart and die. I'd rather do that than sit here in front of him like some poor idiot spilling idiocy which really makes me an utter idiot for making my own embarrassment. I am an idiot!

"And it's not incest. We're not closely related. And we didn't have sex." He said sounding so nonchalant about it.

My eyes widened at what he said. How can he say that word so casually? But what can I expect from guys like him? And I am starting to wonder how many girls have he slept with. Well, why do I even care?