4. FALLING

A very important day was coming up soon. It was Namjoon's birthday. YES, THE LEADER'S BIRTHDAY!!!  

The members all wanted to do something special for him. The UN speech and the Grammys had just passed and they couldn't be more grateful to Namjoon for his outstanding leadership and patience when handling them. They felt it was now their responsibility to make him feel special on his special day. They wanted to thank him.

Right now, the members were gathered in the meeting room at Big Hit*. They couldn't discuss this at the dorm since Namjoon was there. Sejin was also with the boys.

After hours of nothing, Jungkook offered an idea that he saw as a challenge on twitter.

'Hyung! How about we ignore him the whole day and then surprise him?'

They weren't sure about it. Maybe the idea wasn't bad but they didn't know if they could ignore their precious Joonie. But at last, they decided to do it. After all, no pain no gain right?

******

The day had come. It was September 12th. His birthday. But not-so-surprisingly, Namjoon forgot about it. After all the hours and days and weeks of tiresome practice and work, one couldn't blame him for forgetting his own birthday. He woke up, it was a casual morning.

But sun was a bit brighter than usual. Namjoon smiled. How come even she remembered his favorite weather? Was it something special today? Oh yes!

It's a holiday today! 

But why though? He didn't know. He just knew that Sejin told him yesterday that today was a holiday, no schedules.

The leader lazily got out of bed and did his morning routine. He then went to the dining room. The others already started their breakfast, without him? Whatever, he shook away his thoughts and sat for breakfast.

'Good Morning guys!' he chirped

'Hmm' Jin replied, seeing that the others were trying hard not to react. 

Namjoon found it a bit strange but decided not to overthink. He finished his breakfast quickly. The entire time the others gossiped among themselves, not sparing a glance at their leader and it didn't go unnoticed by the leader himself.

'Guys, I'm gonna be at the studio ok?'

No one replied

'Guys?'

'GUYS?!'

Not a peep. They just went to the living room.

'Guys why aren't you talking to me? Is something wrong? Did I do something?'

They felt their hearts ripped apart. How could their beloved innocent leader ever do something wrong?

'If you don't tell me, we can't solve it. What happened? Did someone say something? Are you mad at me? Tell me nah! Don't do this!' his voice was now shaking. His eyes already filled with tears that threatened to fall anytime. He couldn't possibly come up with a reason why they were ignoring him. If they ever had a problem, they usually always discussed it.

The members tried their best not to break down themselves. They had already prepared the surprise so they didn't want to step back now and ruin it. But their hearts screamed. They wished they could wipe those tears of their Joonie's face.