Everything was Fine

Trigger Warning: Anxiety and Panic Attacks

__________

Everything wasn't fine.

It developed out of nowhere, not even a trigger this time. The chatter that surrounded me grew fainter, as if being removed from the chaos ensuing in the mind.

Darkness replaced the chatter, sweeping around its prey. Chills trickled down the spine, causing muscles to faintly spasm. Breathing increased, giving the lungs a workout. The heart joined the internal torment, beating excessively. The stomach twisted to announce its presence, introducing nausea along with it.

The mind couldn't hold out any longer, desperately needing air. Some kind of relief.

Then a sensation disturbed the flow. One I knew all too well. A touch from a hand.

Eyes open to find you sitting next to me, concern on your face. Though you're worried, I hold your hands and tell you. "Everything will be okay."

__________

Thanks for reading! 

I debated about adding a trigger warning because it does take away from the short story, telling you exactly what is happening before you even read it, however, I didn't want to trigger anyone's mental illnesses without the warning. 

As someone who deals with anxiety myself, writing about a panic attack wasn't all that difficult except for finding the right words. It used to be worse, but over time I have learned how to deal with the anxiety as it comes.

For those who also deal with their own variations of anxiety, as well as other mental illnesses, don't forget there is always help just around the corner! 

Thanks again for reading!