15. Lag gayi Lanka

Start from the beginning

Anita left soon after, reminding Raavi that the fair was in the evening, the next day and that she was leaving in three days, to take as much happiness as she can from here. And Raavi sat back, looking at the picture and wondering if Shiva could do so much for her in these days, could she not pacify him for once?

_

"You sure you do not want to come with us in the evening?" Gautam asked, while eating breakfast in the morning. "Ye mela teen saal mein ek baar lagta hai," 

"Main baccha nahi hu Gaumbi," Shiva answered, blowing air at the hot tea, "and anyway, I have been skipping a lot of work days lately. I can attend the shop."

"Kaka dekh lenge," Gautam replied, casually, "you can take another day off."

"But I don't want to." 

Gautam worriedly looked at Dhara but his wife shook her head. She did not want to push Shiva into doing something that would eventually hurt him. She wanted Shiva and Raavi to be together, but not at the expense of her devar's heartbreak. Call her selfish, but Dhara was very possessive about her vanar sena and especially Shiva, and she'd rather him be okay by himself than hurt in love.

"Don't worry Gaumbi," They all turned at the entrance, and there stood a smiling Raavi, looking pretty in her blue kurti over her jeans, hair left. "Shiva bhi aayega." She shrugged, her appearance making everyone smile instantly, Krish even engulfed her in a bear hug but Shiva sat still, eyeing her and then lowering his gaze.

It was so wrong that she had to be this pretty.

"Raavi," Krish hugged her, "tum bhi chalogi?"

"Of course," Raavi blinked her eyes, hugging Krish back. "But only if Shiva comes with me."

"Bhul jaa," Shiva answered, rudely, trying his best to hold back his emotions and fisted his hand. "Mujhe aur bhi kaam hai."

Shiva was about to leave when Raavi stood in front of him, "tu mujhe leke nahi jaayega?" She pouted, blinking her eyes to gain his attention. "I thought we were friends," 

Gautam, Dhara and Krish looked at the duo, because they expected Shiva to either push her, or retaliate in angry words, but all Shiva did was meet her eyes and melt in a puddle. He was completely calm, and kept his soft gaze on her. Krish rubbed his eyes, to confirm this was actually happening and the two childhood nemesis were talking like best friends. 

"Dekh, tu ye sab kar ke mujhe fussla nahi sakti," Shiva averted his gaze, not wanting to listen to her and let his heart skip beats again. He tried leaving but Raavi stood in front of him, and again when he tried escaping from the right.

"Please," She tilted her head, folding her hands, pleading. "Main jaa rahi hu na, farewell gift samaj ke dede. I promise, tere petrol ke paise dedungi aur mele bhi tujhse kuch nahi pay karwaungi, in fact I'll treat you with whatever you want." She nodded, making Shiva feel his heartbeats in his ears now. Her hair were playing with the soft wind, one of the strands falling on her face. 

He was very close to tuck it back but he held himself.

"emotional blackmail," He muttered, making Raavi smile, "par last time. This is the last time I listen to you!"

"I promise." She smiled, shoulders rising in excitement, and Shiva smiled back.

While Gautam and Dhara smiled, Krish's mouth was ajar, wide and in shock. He gulped, "bhabhi mujhe maaro,"

"Okay," Dhara hit him hard on his back and Krish groaned. "Kyu?"

"Mujhe laga main sapna dekh raha hu, par ye toh sacchi aise baat kar rahe hai." Krish muttered, in pure disbelief and Gautam hit him on his head. "Ram ji ne sahi kaha tha, kalyug hai bhai." 

Shiva looked at her, that smile was so beautiful, so pure. There was no way that anyone could resist being mad at her, especially with her soulful eyes and pretty smile. Raavi broke their eye-lock when Krish pretended to cough and clear his throat, and she took a step back. "I'll see you in the evening?"

He nodded, and the others nodded too.

"Haan par chipkali," Shiva stopped Raavi when she was about to leave. "Last time." 

Raavi turned to leave and dashed into the someone, and everyone gasped, hoping the girl does not fall but the strong and familiar pair of hands held her and brought her back to her feet.

"Dhyaan se," Raavi looked at the person in front of her, her heartbeats intensifying, her eyes widened in shock, "Kaise hai Raavi?" 

Dev Pandya was back.

And with him, was his pretty wife Rishita Pandya.

"Lag gayi Lanka," Krish muttered, shutting his eyes. "Somnath, sambhal lena." 

_