Part 2 ✧ Chapter 17

Cleo's POV

I'm falling right through space, as if tripping into another dimension..

Right into the ashy soil, I land surprisingly softly.

A clawed hand had wrapped around my ankle and pulled me Under. Into a crimson Kingdom known as Hell.

When I hit the soil, I lay on my side, kneels curled into my chest, as I look around me with my common sense keeping my vision too clear. The heavy weight of sense inside me keeps me grounded on the hot ashy soil of the dead.

Sardonix is here, his whole pack is here, in Lycan form – except for Sardonix, who tortures me with his handsome human physique, a sheen of demon off his skin down here, over his rippling abs. He's undressing.

One item at a time, until he's only wearing those black suit pants, he strips. That jewellery of a Slaughterer remains on his fingers as well.

There was no hunt, so what was he talking about before – they were already here to fuck me. They had returned to Hell immediately the moment I was caught.

Sardonix holds my terrified eye, with his 'human' red eyes.

Sardonix walks over and gets down on one knee, touching the hidden side of my face, he tries to turn my face up.

"What happened to that kiss we shared, tiny?" Sardonix whispers, a guttural growl of desire.

"What about it?" I whisper back, before I scramble back quickly into the black roots of the tree. I am thankfully very fully clothed. My coat is zipped shut, my jeans are tucked into my long black boots.

I lay my head back on the trunk, looking at my demise. All eight of them.

Sardonix does not care that I'm scared and backed up against the tree now, on my ass, on the ground, surrounded by hungry and horny Lycans.

He paces left and right in front of me, patient enough – since I am within' fucking distance.

"Speak, Cleo," Sardonix urges me to voice my fears. Something he will only enjoy.

I gulp down excess saliva, down a bone dry throat, and I keep my lips shut.

"She's scared stiff," Clypto lets out a classic demonic snarl, his voice biting straight through the air.

"I'm aware," Sardonix snarls back, clearly annoyed about it.

My eyes flick between the pack and their Alpha.

"So when, does it turn around for you, Cleo," Clypto, in his eight-foot giant Lycan form, steps past Sardonix, and comes straight for me. He walks up to my position and stands over me, his claws on the trunk as he leans down his drooling fangs toward my head, "When do you finally see."

See what?

I think it only.

The very end of your Fate, the unravelling of the knot, Sardonix answers me, wrapping his dark soul around my mind with his answers, you belong to demons now. Exactly as you desired.

"It was never my desire," I blurt, emotional, past Clypto, to the pack, "...it was unexpected emotion on the job, for a lonely Anu – ... fuck, it doesn't matter, I was insane," I look at the claws on Clypto, digging into the soil. Each is a long blade.

"Cleo –" Sardonix begins to sound impatient.

"Wait," Clypto barks back, a short suggestion.

I keep my eyes on his feet, his claws, so reflective.