Chapter ✧ 31

1 month later

"Tell me what it's like," the human psychiatrist, Dr. Reynolds, asks me.

"Kissing death...um... losing my breath? Drowning," I answer, thinking of what he's questioning me about. Having sex with Lycans.

"That sounds uncomfortable," he looks at me and waits for my response, "Why would you enjoy that?"

He asks me that question, over and over, every day he hopes I might explain in more detail. I simply don't care anymore. I zone out, staring at the wall. His questions were intrusive and unwelcome.

"Silvia, why would you enjoy that?"

"I'm a Queen of Lycans," I tell my doctor, what I tell him, every day.

He starts writing notes, sighing in disappointment.

"I want to ask why were you alone with your best friend, in the middle of the forest, in someone else's home.... If you are a Queen of Lycans? Should you not been in your castle?"

"Onyx has a club up here and a house in hell, not a castle," I explain, "Also my babies are with the devil, who stole them out of my body, after opening a damn portal into my uterus," when I say that he gives me the same old look – neutral indifference. He doesn't believe me. He doesn't like me. It riles me, and I add in a small rage, "...and even so, I'm the one being locked away."

"Would you like the Lycans to be locked away? You did work for Lycan Control at one point – until you were dismissed... you also assisted in the death of a co-worker, a police officer, do you want to talk about that?" Dr. Reynolds is keen to explore this route. I look around his pretty office, so damn luxurious considering we're in a maximum security asylum. I would not answer questions about that, "How about you tell me what you dream about?" Not answering that, "...how about... how do you feel being safe in here, away from demons and away from hell? You are safe in here, Silvia."

"I have no rights in here, I have no freedom, maybe that means I'm safe... but it costs everything," I tell him straight, "People care too much that I am mated to a Lycan."

"It's inconceivable to most mortals, that you would be attracted to a demon," Dr. Reynolds heats up a bit now, frustrated, "This is for your own safety and sanity."

"I can handle my mate," I explain, "I was handling him before you all intervened."

"You murdered your last doctor Silvia, that is why you're handcuffed to that chair every time we talk," Dr. Reynolds explains, "Let's try a different topic. If you're a queen to a supernatural demon, what supernatural powers do you hold?"

"Why would I talk to you about that?" I whisper now, "Go to hell."

"If you don't calm that temper, you'll be going into the isolation unit again. We don't have to talk at all," Dr. Reynolds lets that sink in. Less freedom. No contact with Carmen.

I quieten down, until I get a new idea.

"...I'd like to turn to religion, Doctor..." I mention, quietly, "Perhaps you could get a priest in to visit me? I had a priest in mind when I was contemplating my... choices... I admit this now to you, but please do not laugh at me for saying it."

"I would not laugh at you for considering that," Dr. Reynolds leans forward, entirely interested, "Would it help you, to consult religion?"

"...I have been... considering it..." I answer as truthfully as possible, "Actually. Never mind."

"No, no, please, tell me the name of the priest you had in mind and I'll give him a call –"

"I believe his name is Oswald," I answer maybe a bit too quickly, but I hope he takes it as enthusiasm, "...he's very popular in Dire Wolf City, his name floats around quite a bit. That's how I heard of him."