Part 2 ✧ Chapter 8

Cleo's POV

Magnus has long locks of dark brown hair and deep red eyes that consume me with promises for later. I know he wants to fuck me. He already wanted me to suck him off under the table.

However, I was Lycan-sick for Anubis.

And that was going to be a fucking problem.

I wouldn't know it until later. Being dumb, deaf and blind to all others around me, while my mind swam with thoughts of my pretty Anubis. Wondering if he was really going to murder me, when he loved me, when I loved him. He was my first love.

He –

"Dessert."

Waiters come forward as if in slow motion before speeding up, the time warping sharply around us. I consider it's just the alcohol I've consumed that went straight to my head. I didn't cope with it very well.

A steaming drink of hot chocolate is put below my nose, with mini marshmallows floating in the pond of chocolate milk.

I'm staring at it, licking my lips.

At the same time, Magnus' hand is rubbing over my ankle under the table, because my foot is on his lap, and his hand is now over my feet and toes, massaging them, distracting me further.

I sense a disturbance as Silvia gasps loudly and Onyx is looking over his shoulder. When I try to look too, Magnus swings my foot out from under the table to the side, leaning down he bites my toes hard.

I yelp, I almost scream, because it hurts that bad, and I pull my leg back to kick him in the face. My sole connects to his face, and Magnus uses the excuse of a fight to jump up from the table and leap over me, knocking my chair over in his frenzy, I fall backwards with the chair.

Crash.

It all happens so fast.

My head is pounding from the impact with the ground, and now it lolls back so I can see the restaurant upside down.

I get a glimpse of the newcomers, before Magnus has sprinkled some kind of red powder onto my face. It fills my vision and gets up my nose, and instead of sneezing, it weaves chains around my mind.

I lay back looking at the newcomers, as my vision starts to blur.

I see a head of silver moon hair, and red eyes, on a large man, with a pack of Lycans behind him.

Full grown.

Teeth as bright as the sun.

A flood of new and strong pheromones enters my system – before the dark sets in, and I collapse into a void, before I'm thrown into it.

Thrust into the Present Future.

More precisely?

30 years into the future.

****

Present Future 30 years later + [2 years later]

Cleo's POV

Urgent – casual ticketers needed. I hand over the ticket of the job, to the manager of the carnival.

It was the most exciting part of Summer. A carnival was in town, on the outskirts of the country town Lorry, set up in a parking lot. It was surrounded by the Wilder mountains, and there was a ski resort in the winter, but right now, Lorry was a hiking town. The carnival was set up for the warmer months.

This area was right near my house. Well, 'my house' was a bit of a stretch. I had a small flat with a nice view of the hiking trails.

2 years after being thrust into the distant future, I had been a lone wanderer ever since, but with a small amount of direction now.