Episode XI: Ajeossi, Take Us!

episode 11: Ajeossi, Take Us!

episode rating: R

episode run time: 28 min

previously, on Heart Beating For You...With a new group, Jungeun and Jinsoul begin the travel towards salvation. Things aren't as simple when nothing is on their side and tensions run high.

episode synopsis: Safety is a day away, and the group continues their struggle to persist through the army of the dead to make it to their destination. Will they be able to make it in time? New relationships and unexpected losses hit the group. Not all 17 of them can make it out alive.

[¬º-°]¬[¬º-°]¬[¬º-°]¬[¬º-°]¬[¬º-°]¬[¬º-°]¬[¬º-°]¬[¬º-°]¬[¬º-°]¬

Jiwoo woke up to find herself draped across Jungeun's legs, and blinked in confusion as she listened to the soft voices around her. She didn't recognize them, and when she looked up there were new, older faces.

Ah, she remembered. They'd found Jungeun and Jinsoul with these people. It had been so awkward, Jinsoul was angry and Jungeun didn't look all that thrilled to see the people who'd let her be taken while Jinsoul was unconscious. Jiwoo had wanted to comfort her but it seemed like Jinsoul would've socked anyone who tried to get close. Eventually though, Jiwoo had found herself next to Jungeun and muttering apologies until Jungeun had pleaded with her to stop. Jiwoo's eyes had closed easily, the weight of the past few days finally forcing them to shut.

The bakery they were in had old, pink-colored Korean characters claiming this was the "Best Pastries in Seoul!", and the fading smell that surrounded them certainly seemed to suggest so. Jiwoo's stomach gnawed at itself in hunger, and she clutched it with her hands but didn't move. She was too tired to move, and most people were still asleep.

"Jungie," Jinsoul whispered above them, and Jiwoo felt the girl stirr. "They have food. You should eat,"

"Hmm," Jungeun stretched. "I'm fine,"

Jinsoul huffed. "Come on, don't be stupid. You need to eat,"

"Don't be stupid?" Jungeun sounded angry. "What you did yesterday was real fucking stupid, so forgive me if I don't rely on you to tell me what's a good decision or not,"

Jinsoul went quiet for a moment. "I apologized for that, I don't know what else you want,"

"I was terrified, Jinsoul," Jungeun was speaking much more softly now. "You can't put yourself in danger like that,"

"I'm going to be in danger, Jungeun. I can't help that. But I won't do anything brash. I'm sorry,"

Jiwoo chewed her lip, listening to their hushed conversation until more of the group was awake and moving around. She sat up after a time and Jungeun greeted her good morning, so Jiwoo tried to put on a brave face and a smile.

"You sleep okay?" Jungeun asked her. Jiwoo nodded.

"Much better than the nights before!" She assured brightly. "I'm happy to know we're almost home!"

Jungeun grinned at her and Jiwoo felt those familiar butterflies in her stomach that she tried to stifle as soon as she noticed them. It was easier too, when Jinsoul was right there and Jiwoo had to watch the two of them.

It was fine.

Jiwoo got up and followed the smell of baked goods behind the counter, where a few girls had already gathered. Hyeju and Yoohyeon were with Heejin, picking some pieces of bread out from the storage area. Chaewon, Yerim, and Yeojin were sitting at the table in the back, already wolfing down bread like they hadn't eaten in months. Jiwoo sat down next to Chaewon, who offered her a piece but kept eating.