Epilogue: Can You Chase Away The Darkness?

Author note: The final part! Once again, I hope you guys have enjoyed the story. Enjoy and please reveiw xx

Epilogue: Can You Chase Away The Darkness?

- Claire’s P.O.V. –

All Time Low got signed almost immediately after high school; I sensed it was organised before we finished but they only told us afterward. This shook up Jaime, Vic, Mike and Tony who ended up going their separate ways for a while. I went with Jaime but stayed in close contact with them all, promising that one day we would all be together again.

It was about 5 years after we all finished school that everything started to come together again; Jaime and I had travelled around a bit and he ended up working in another band with Tony. It was kind of awkward for the pair of them and the other members seemed a bit unsure of everything as well. It ended up falling through and we lost contact with Tony again. However, when Jaime was 23 Tony got in contact again, saying Vic and Mike were starting Pierce the Veil up again. Both Jaime and I packed before we headed to the Fuentes house, not questioning anything. Tony had said they were releasing an album and needed the full band back together. It seemed Vic had refused to contact anyone else about joining the band.

Pierce the Veil was a success and the band travelled like crazy; I joined then when I could but I was trying to get out some of my own demos, hoping something would happen for me. I’d also gotten into photography and it was after I met Adam Elmakias, during the first year of the boys touring, that I forgot about music and focused on photography. We also met All Time Low again, with everyone happy to see everyone. Alex and Jack were still going strong, although their relationship was more on the down-low so not to affect the band’s image; they didn’t want to be known as the band with the “gay guys” in it. Pierce the Veil and All Time Low toured together numerous times and we often caught up whenever they had time off. It felt good to be back together.

We met up with Jenna again; she was now with an Australian band. Pierce the Veil toured with Tonight Alive and Jenna even featured on one of Pierce the Veil’s acoustic songs. Rumours flew about Vic and Jenna’s relationship; despite Vic’s best efforts to hide it, we knew he was head over heels for Jenna but they were kind of in a long-distance-together-when-we-see-each-other relationship at the moment.

Tony and Taylor kind of fell apart after high school. Taylor got into acting before getting back into music and she was quite a loose cannon. I knew Tony wanted to be with her but wasn’t sure how and we hadn’t really seen her or been around her band, The Pretty Reckless.

Lindsey and Hayley went off to be successful in their respective bands; we had no contact from Hayley but Lindsey made the effort. We eventually made up and she even featured on a Pierce the Veil song. Jaime and I kept our distance – I knew he still didn’t like her. I myself still felt panicky when we were in the same room.

After the release of Pierce the Veil’s third album and after all their tours were over, we all were home for the holidays. Jaime and I spent a few days without the guys, decorating our house in the Christmas spirit. I knew he and Vic would have to see each other to film the announcement video. The boys were going to spend the winter writing a new album; all of the fans were incredibly excited.

---

“Claire, are you ready?” Vic hollered at the door of mine and Jaime’s bedroom. It was New Year’s Eve and the guys had organised a party. Jaime and Mike had left earlier in the day to get everything sorted for tonight so Vic and I had spent the day together. It was nice to spend time with him after all he’d done for me in the past. I opened the door with a flourish and his eyes widened as he took in my outfit. “You look stunning,” he said, smiling at me.

“You sound surprised,” I said with a laugh. I made my way through the house, grabbing my keys and phone. I followed Vic out to the car, feeling glad I was going to see Jaime. We’d been spending nearly every day together since he’d had time off and I was enjoying it. Vic drove me to the hotel where they’d booked the pent house. As I got out, I looked at him with confusion; he hadn’t moved.

“I’ve to go and pick Mike up; Jaime’s waiting for you though,” I nodded and shut the door behind. After quickly getting a key from the front desk I made my way to the elevator. The ride was long but soon the doors opened straight into the penthouse, at which point I gasped. There was an aisle marked by candles which led to Jaime who was surrounded by roses and more candles.

“What’re- what – Jaime,” I said, looking around in awe. I followed the aisle to him; once I reached him he dropped to one knee. I gasped again, stepping back.

“Claire, I know this is sudden,” he said, sounding similar to how he had before he’d asked me out all those years ago. “But I have loved you for a long time and every day it feels as though my love for you grows stronger. I promise you, Claire, that I will hold you to keep away the nightmares; I will chase away any darkness in your life. You deserve the brightest and most beautiful life because you are the brightest and most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I love you, Claire. Will you do me the greatest honour and become my wife?” Jaime raised his hand, in which sat a small box with a ring nestled in the centre.  There were tears in my eyes as he looked up at me hopefully.

“Yes, Jaime, yes, I will marry you,” I said, almost sobbing with happiness. Jaime got up and quickly slid the ring on my finger before kissing me soundly. I smiled into the kiss and he smiled back. Suddenly a voice sounded throughout the penthouse.

“Can we come in yet? We’re dying in the elevator!”

“Yes!” Jaime called. The doors then burst open and all of our friends from school piled out – even Jenna and Taylor. “We’re engaged!” he cried and they all cheered with joy, rushing to hug us. After everyone had hugged everyone and they all went to get drinks, Jaime and I stood together for a moment; he raised my hand to his lips and gently kissed the ring he’d given me. He then kissed my lips, sweetly and softly. I couldn’t believe I got to spend the rest of my life with him.