part 11

A few weeks went by and the boys started to have nightmares. They decided to share Damien’s bed so that they aren’t alone, although sometimes they would sleep with Cross of Nightmare when they are scared that badly.

When they would describe the nightmares they would often say that it is blurry. Damien had said that it was common to see himself getting thrown around like he is in a battle and Aiden says that sometimes that he would see himself attacking someone else. 

One time Damien had said that he was getting pinned down, about to be stabbed by a blurry figure when another figure had pulled the attacker off of him. Aiden, while laughing, said that the same night he had a dream of pinning someone down to stab him but that someone pulled him off of the victim. Now they joke that they were in the same dream.

One night Damien and Aiden asked Nightmare if they could sleep with him. Nightmare agreed and let them. Cross was going to sleep with Nightmare as well because why not, so Damien and Aiden slept between Cross and Nightmare; Damien cuddled up against Nightmare’s chest and Aiden was snuggling Cross.

They both woke up crying from a nightmare. Nightmare and Cross woke up with them and held and comforted them. “I think what’s scaring them most is that no one is recognizable. From what they told me, everything and everyone is blurry.”

“Is it just me, or have the nightmares been getting worse since we have taken the medications?” Cross asked.

Nightmare thought about it, “You’re right.” He said. He got the boys’ attention, “Hey, those nightmares you guys have been having? Those may not be nightmares?”

“What do you mean?” Damien asked. 

“Those may not be nightmares. It is very possible that they are memories. It does explain why they have gotten worse after we took away the medications.”

“WHAT?!”