0 years ago : September 5th 2020

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

This is the last and final chapter of SUPERPOWERS - it's taken me over a year to write, edit and re-read this book over and over. When i first started writing this it was 2020 lockdown - now it's 2022 and we're at the end of this journey. Thank you to everyone who has read this book and supported me throughout, i couldn't have done this without you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE : when you first read this chapter you may be confused, but trust me, stick with it and it will all make sense:)

So here we go, the last chapter, i hope you enjoy x

——————————

0 years ago : September 5th 2020

-beeeeeeeep-
-beeeeeeeep-
-beeeeee-

I hit the snooze button on my incessant alarm and find an annoyingly loud Ezra pulling open my blinds unveiling a glaring light. Sunlight pours in, illuminating my dark hole of a room. I groan, sinking deeper into my warm mattress, rolling my body in my thick duvet like a sausage roll to hide from the sun shining through my windows.

"Geez Allie stop being such a princess, I've already been up for 2 hours."

He tugs hard on the corner of my duvet causing me to fall out of bed with a thump onto the cold, hard floor; the wooden beams no doubt bruising my bum.

After mumbling a series of swear words aimed at my brother, I pick up my grey duvet and dump it on my bed knowing that mum will tidy it later.

"Come on birthday girl, you don't want to be late on your first day back!" he shouts in a singsong voice, causing me to flinch at the noise.

Today was my 17th birthday and the first day back at school after the summer holidays.

Yup.

Lucky me, right.

The day where people take pride in showing off their new flashy cars or overpriced accessories that they've collected over the holidays. Or showing up 7 weeks later, after a gruesome holiday of eating nothing but slightly seasoned leaves. I dont see the point in it, so what if you turn a few heads, it's nothing but a waste of time and money.

I slide into my ensuite shower, taking my time to lather my blond hair in my favourite apple 'head and shoulders' shampoo, before letting it rinse down my body. Quickly, I shave my armpits and scrub them until odour free.

Yes. I know. I use the apple head and shoulders shampoo.

Dont judge me, I'm a 17 year old blonde girl. What else did you expect?

Also it smells good.

Wrapping a towel round my body, I blast my hairdryer so my waist-length hair is moderately dry.

I adjust my necklace and tug on my stiff uniform; a plaid skirt that falls mig-thigh and a white blouse with an open-collar. Gross. I brush my locks briefly and splashed my face with water to reawaken me after almost dozing off once again. Grabbing my keys and phone I place them inside my blazer pocket and tie up my black air-force 1's.

When I leave the room, I pass the mirror and briefly check my appearance.

My eyes travel over my figure, rather curvy but still pretty. My skirt sits mid thigh and the blouse is tight against my perky 34D's. I never really took any interest in how I looked - much unlike people like my brother. I had other priorities, like school and...well, more school.

People always tell me that I'm perfect the way I am and I shouldn't change for anyone but myself. But when you're told by your ex that you look like 'an overweight 10 year old boy', it doesn't make you feel great.