Chapter 25 : Time Travel

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

Chapter 25 : Time Travel

Sunday 15th January 2021

time travel

noun
(in science fiction) travel through time into the past or the future.
"They travelled back in time 150 years to the Victorian era."

"Hey."

Ezra stands above mine and Levi's spooning bodies that lay in front of the television. Ever since yesterday's events, we've all been pretty much silent. Civilised. But silent. Obviously we might talk about pointless things like the shit weather or 'what's for dinner' but none of us have actually talked about...well anything of actual importance.

"Are we going to just never talk about what happened yesterday?" Me and Levi shrug at Ezra's question.

"But Ezra, what can we do? Nothing," I snuggle into Levi's side, as if I feel the need to protect him from anything Ezra may say.

"Look, what happened was no one's fault but mine. I can't just go back in time and change what I did. No matter how much I desperately want to."

Casting my eyes to the floor, I reminisce on everything that happened and everything that could've been. The smallest change could have led to Liam being here today. 'What if' is the constant question which is running through all three of our heads? What if things were different? What if things happened ever so slightly differently than they did, would things be any different?

"Levi..." pulling my body closer to his, Levi spoons me, holding on tightly to my waist. Looking up, I can see Ezra's face flicker in disgust, no matter how hard he's trying to hide it.

"Please don't do that in front of me." Just for good measure, I smack my lips one more time against Levi's and smile back up at Ezra's horrified face.

"I agreed to get used to you guys, not to have you eating each other's faces off whenever you're in a 3 mile radius of each other. Especially not in front of me."

Levi wraps his hands around my waist and tugs me closer in order to get comfier before once again trying to fall asleep.

To be honest, he really needs it; he spent the entirety of last night sitting next to me as I slept, replaying that night over and over in his head. Ever since we got home yesterday he's spoken around 5 sentences. Even though I think it's good that he knows what happened, I can't help but think about what this is going to do to him.

At the thought, I put my face in the crook of his neck and stroke the back of his head. Tugging me tighter, I feel him gulp and his grip on me tighten. His hands rub my thighs, massaging them as I wrap them around him.

"You're disgustingly cute and I hate it." Ezra strides away into the kitchen probably to get some of that weird kinda beige-greyish protein shake mush that he seems to consume all hours of the day.

Me and Levi sit back onto the couch, him eating popcorn and me drinking a smoothie. Although, after a lot of convincing Levi made me eat a small handful of his toffee popcorn. He switches on some kind of Marvel movie but I'm too preoccupied with sleeping in Levi's chest to care.

—————————————-

Strolling into Levi's room, I glance at him while he stares at his reflection in the full length mirror. A peculiar look crosses his face as he continues to stare at himself; a mixture of pain, hatred and exhaustion.