Chapter 17 : Resurrection

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

Chapter 17 : Resurrection

Tuesday 6th December 2020

resurrection
/rɛzəˈrɛkʃ(ə)n/

noun
noun: resurrection
the action or fact of coming back to life or coming back from the dead.
"the story of the resurrection of Osiris"

White.

That's the only thing I see when I open my eyes.

Bright lights are shining in my eyes.

Huh.

Am I dead?

...Is this....heaven?

Geeeeez if it is then I really should've believed in God. Or at least listened to Mr Lumsden's everlasting lectures on the after-life in my Religious Studies classes.

Then again, I'd suck as a Christian.

I'd just constantly break their rules.

No offence god.

And apparently church is boring as hell.

Oh look I said 'Hell'. Hehe. That's funny.

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP

In the distance, I hear the steady sound of a Heart Rate Monitor.

Oh.

I'm alive.

Few.

That's good, I guess.

—————————————-

"Oh look she's waking up" I hear the memorable sound of my Mum's voice by my left side.

My eyes flicker and squint, as they still adjust to brightness. When they finally adapt to the lighting, I see my family all around me and some woman in white standing above me.

Staring.

Very, very intensely.

Creep.

"Okay Ms Carter, now you gave us quite a shock."

"Wait, why am I here?...What happened...?"

I read her name tag. Dr Watts. It's written clearly in big black lettering and attached to the breast pocket of her lab coat thingy, "Were in Watford Hospital - you were driven by an ambulance. It seems you collapsed due to a few factors : malnutrition, stress, high blood pressure and...well a rather high drug intake"

I gulp. Suddenly, I took in the fact that my family are all around me, "Drugs? My daughter doesn't take drugs?!" My Dad yells, making a few neighbouring patients look over.

"Oh no, not any illegal drugs, they were medicinal. But actually it seems your daughter has - and for a while now - been taking quite unsafe amounts of a drug called 'Qsymia' otherwise known as-"

"The 'weight loss drug'" my brother finishes the doctor's sentence in pure shock.

My mum collapses onto my Dad in tears. They're all silent at the discovery. Completely gobsmacked, "But...but i. I only took a few a day. Ok maybe more in the last few weeks or so but...like the instructions on the packet said 1 per 8 hours...I didn't think it would make a difference...so I- wait," it's then i remember what happened in the toilets. I look up, my eyes shining with tears.

I sit up further in my seat, trying to think of an explanation. When I can't find one, it makes me feel useless.

Pathetic.