0 years ago : February 7th 2020

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

0 years ago : February 7th 2020

The Hayes house seems empty when I first walk in. No one's in sight and everything looks untouched. It looks normal. Too normal.

"IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU'RE THE REASON HE'S DEAD LEVI! YOU!"

The rumbling thunder of Ed's booming voice echoes throughout the house. A loud crash of glass cabinets causes a high pitched scream to cry out. I start to make my way up the stairs in a hurry, following the sounds.

"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT DAD! NO ONE KNOWS THAT! NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS ANYTHING!" Levi's voice is weak, tired from shouting, his voice strains at each word, each more exhausted than the next.

When I reach the upstairs landing, I see that the door to the master bedroom is wide open, however it's blocking my view. Peering into the crack of the doorframe, I hide from sight in a nearby cupboard as I stare into the scene ahead of me. Jennifer is wrapped up in bed, drunk off her face like she's always been since the accident. Levi stands tall, towering over Ed, who's pushing back with considerable force.

"YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID LEVI! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO HIM!" Ed roars in his face, shoving him against the bedpost, shaking Levi's shoulders violently. In the corner of the bed, Jennifer wails at her husband to get off him. The tall glass of gin in her hands shatters on the floor from her jittery cries. A shard slices her hand, but she's too wrecked from the alcohol to notice.

"EVERYTHINGS ALWAYS MY FUCKING FAULT ISNT IT DAD! EVERYTHING I DO ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU! YOU ALWAYS LOVED HIM MORE THAN ME, WHY DAD WHY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I DID-" Within seconds, Levi's staring down the barrel of a gun. It glimmers hauntingly in the sunlight, light reflecting off the side. Silence hovers in the room. My body screams for me to move but I'm frozen. Frozen as I watch Levi with a pistol cocked to his head.

"Dad..." Levi whispers with a hushed voice. His eyes are begging Ed to stop but he can't seem to form the words.

"Don't fucking move." Fear flashes across Levi's eyes, but he complies to Ed's wishes. I mean, he has to. What else could he do? Nobody moves an inch as Ed stands with the gun to Levi's head, all the power in his dangerous hands.

I gulp. I'm unable to move. Unable to speak. Unable to even think. My eyes are just locked in on the gleaming gun that is pointed at Levi's forehead.

"Ed, please d-don't do this...don't hurt my baby Ed...please i've lost L-Liam...i-i can't lose another one...."

Jennifer whimpers softly in the corner, her cries ringing in my ears. For a second, Ed looks at her while still clasping hard onto the weapon in his sweaty hands. His eyes travel over his sobbing wife, as if he's second guessing his decision.

Levi's eyes follow where his dads have travelled, a glimmer of hope in his hard eyes. A slight exhale escapes his chest when the gun is lowered slowly from his head. Spinning round, Ed strides towards the sock drawer and stuffs the gun away before knocking shoulders with Levi as he leaves the room. Moving my body against the wall, I make myself as small as possible in hopes that Ed won't see me.

'thump'

My foot hits the wall, just loud enough for anyone close to hear. Oh shit. Maybe he hasn't noticed? Maybe he didn't hear me-

He stops at the door.

And my breathing halts.

His hand clasps around the door knob, pulling it away. If he sees me...I'm dead. The door creaks as he closes it and I wait for something to come, closing my eyes tight.

But nothing comes.

Instead I hear the heavy footsteps of Ed's boots stomping down the stairs. I peer round the door to see him shaking his head as if he imagined the noise. Once he's out of view and I hear the front door slam shut, I rush to stand up and run into the room where Levi and his mum stand in shock.

"Allie? What are you doing here? What did you see?" Levi scratches the back of his head in worry and confusion.

I look him dead in the eye and say, "I saw enough." Grabbing his hand, I tug him out of the room, but he stops to look back at his mum; however Jennifer is now rather unconscious, "Levi," he looks back at me, still in shock of recent events, "you can't stay here."

Stuttering, he thinks of what to say, "What do you mean, Allie? I live here?"

I ignore him and run into his room to gather clothes from his drawers. Grabbing 3 duffel bags, I shove as much shit from his room and walk out, "I saw what just happened, there's no fucking way I'm letting you stay here with him. You can stay with us, at my house." I'm sure my parents won't mind Levi living with us since he's round our house almost all the time anyway.

"Allie."

In all the chaos, I stop for a moment and stare at Levi. He looks distraught. His face is sunken and there are dark circles under his eyes. A mess of brown hair covers almost half his face and he looks as if he hasn't washed in 3 days.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because I love you Levi. You're like my brother."

He licks his lower lip, biting it then nods; like he's disappointed by my answer. Mumbling a quick 'okay' he goes to grab the bags from me, but instead pulls me into a tight hug.

It feels odd being this close to him. A nice odd though.

His tattooed arms snake round my waist, therefore causing me to wrap my arms around his neck. I can feel his warm breath fan against my neck, ever so slightly brushing his lips on my skin.

"I love you too Allie." He whispers something else but I can't catch what he says. When he pulls back, Levi presses his lips on my forehead, keeping them there for a long second.

"Let's go, love."

———————————

Levi drops the last remaining bags of his stuff by the door of my house, "Thanks for letting me stay, it's been tough in our house since...you know. I just can't really handle my parents arguing; it gets kinda difficult after a while." Levi didn't exactly want to tell my parents the real reason he couldn't stay at home so on the way we made up a sort of story to why he can't stay at home any longer.

"Of course Levi, you're welcome anytime," my mum says as she brings him in for a hug. My dad just nods and pats his back gently before taking Levi's bags upstairs. My mum gets him a black coffee while he sits at the kitchen island, keeping light conversation.

His phone pings but only i notice :

Mum : Levi, please don't come back if you know what's good for you, we both know you're safer at the Carter's. I love you xxxx

Before he can see it, I switch it off and perch on a stool. Taking a sip of his coffee, I smile at him. Since getting home, we haven't actually spoken to each other - instead we've conversed using gestures and eye contact. We act so differently behind closed doors, closer than usual.

But when we're around other people, we're merely strangers.

I get snapped out of my day dream when my mum begins to guide Levi to where he'll be sleeping. Soon he's at the top of the stairs, barely acknowledging the rambles from my mother. Instead he's taking one last glance at me. Our eyes lock and we keep staring.

Unknown tension sizzles in the air.

Tension that is only broken when he gets pulled into his room by my mum.

But I kept on looking at the spot he was in, the only thought on my mind was,

Levi.

——————————

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity