Mini Chapter 2

Camillo looked nervous. He was constantly fumbling and mumbling to himself as we walked around town and helping out.

We were carrying some fruit crates when his mumbling finally got to me.

"Mi vida, is something wrong?" I asked him as we set down the crates on the Candella's poarch. Camillo turned to me, wide eyes, and almost dropped the crates over the counter.

"I-I... No- no no no. Nothing wrong, amor. Just um tired and all." He said, clearly lying. His blushing face making me smile.

I walked passed him and nodded to a nearby tree. Camillo followed and when we reached the tree I turned to him.

"You don't need to lie to me, Cami. You can tell me anything." I said.

Even if it was about you losing affection for me.

Camillo nodded before taking a deep breath. "So uh," He started, scratching the back of his neck.

Here it goes.

"I talked with your dad this morning." He admitted and my eyes widened in surprise.

"What?! What did he tell you? Please tell me he didn't say anything embarassing." I exclaimed making Camillo laugh.

"No, although he did share me some adorable stories about you." He admitted and I practically fell the floor in defeat. So many stories no revealed.

I have been exposed.

"So what did he tell you? other than my embarassing moments." I asked him. Camillo looked nervous once more and let out a short chuckle.

"Well, I told him I was currently courting you and well... he told me to come to a family dinner tonight." He said.

I gasped and shook him back and forth. "What could this mean?! Does he want to offer his blessing!?" Camilli smiled and shrugged excitedly.

"Maybe, I didn't know if I should tell you. I wanted to give a good impression and be respectful but I couldn't keep it to myself. Heh." He rambled and I tackled him to an embrace.

"No matter what happens, remember I'll always love you."

...

The day went by so fast and it was already evening. My palms were growing sweaty and I couldn't explain the exhilirating and excruciating feeling I was going through right now.

Despite the fact I was only sitting on my bed staring at my wardrobe fully dressed for the dinner.

I heard a knock on my door and Eleana peeked in, "Camillo's here." She left after that and left the door open.

I got up, fixed myself in front of the mirro for the third time and got out of the room.

Calm down, Y/n, it's just a dinner.

Only family dinners don't usually end as expected.

I greeted Camillo, who was dressed in his sunday's best. His ruana replaced with a suit, perfectly fitting him. He still had his signature color in the form of a yellow tie.

"You know, I expected you to be wearing your ruana but with a tie." I said, Camillo chuckled. "Either way you look cute." I told him and I saw his ears go red.

"Well, you look beautiful, amor." He said with an attractive grin that made my face go warm.

We walked to the dining table, where everyone else, except Jaime, were seated. Mama and Tia Carmen were preparing the table and Eleana was talking with Papa.

He looked over to us and smiled, motioning for us to take a seat. "It was nice for you to come, Camillo." He addressed.

I saw Camillo give him a nervou smile as we sat down. "Yes, I wouldn't have missed it for the world." He said, glancing at me. I gave him a supportive nod.

Papa looked surprised by his answer but didn't say anything else.

Mama and Tia Carmen eventually sat down with us and dined in. Papa, soon enough, starting a conversation.

"I'll get to the point. Camillo, your popular in Encanto. How do we know you're serious about dating our daughter." Papa asked sternly, dropping his utensils which the rest of us did afterwards

Camillo took a breath before facing my dad, "She is everything to me, senior. When she fell ill, I couldn't imagine how I'd live without her. I'm willing to wait even a hundred years, if it means in the end I'll be by her side."

I stared at Camillo as he said all this, my heart fluttering and my stomach churning.

Papa smiled with content before nodding. "If so, you have my blessing." He said simply. I squealed and walked over to my dad.

"Gracias, papa."

Another short chapter for ya'll, before I add more angst. hehe.

I might add another mini chapter about the courting phase as courting to me is actually cute and romantic.

So yeah, in other words, expect an actual chapter update and a few more mini chapters along the way.

Anyway,, byyeeee