Chapter 1 | Carrots and Tomatoes

Before you begin: Lacuerte is pronounce Lasuerte and it's a made up name

Okay that's it. Hope ya'll enjoy!

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Chapter 1

Situated far in the town of Encanto, by the fields of grapes and cucumbers, stood a quaint villa. A villa that belonged to an ordinary family, or so it seems.

...

I leaned on the bell tower as I watched the sun rise on Encanto, it's warm glow cascading onto Casita, the Madrigal's house, giving it a golden halo. As if Casita wasn't magical enough before, now it looked ethereal.

"Ah, why can't our house be like that. All magical and dreamy. Why do I have to wake to mister loud over here at 3 in the morning." I whispered to myself, pointing at the family rooster, Jorge.

I know, weird name for a rooster. Hence, why I named him so. I think that was when mama and papa realized I shouldn't be given the responsibility to name things.

I saw Mirabel leave the house as usual. She was always the first to leave-

"Y/n get down from there."

Just right below me was my cousin, Jaime, a rather tall guy for his age as my relatives would say. He had that lanky stance that always makes me wonder he gets any admirers at all.

Jaime tried to climb the roof, making mistake after mistake before eventually giving up.

"Hah! And here I thought you said you were stronger than me." I teased him.

"Get down from there, Y/n." He said, crossing his arms.

"What if I don't want to?"

Jaime stood back, pointed at me with one finger and then at the ground with an annoyed face.

I laughed before jumping down.

Jaime's eyes widened, "Wait, not like that!"

I caught myself and stood up proudly.

"Good morning, Primo." I said and faced his fuming face.

"Why you," He pinched my ear.

"Ow ow ow ow ow!"

"I search for you the entire morning, I fall on mud," He points at his muddy pajamas, "And you say good morning, primo!?" He complained, his voice strained and at the verge of getting a voice crack.

I raised a finger, "Fair, but how is you falling on mud, my fault?"

He turned to me, his face redder than it was before. His eyebrow twitched. I sighed, "Okay, okay. I'm sorry.

"And?"

"And I'm sorry you're such a stick in the mud." I chuckled at my own joke.

Jaime pinched my ear again.

"Ow ow ow! Okay fine, I owe you one. What do you want?" I asked him, and he let go of me.

He held his hand under his chin before snapping his fingers.

"You let me borrow your bike." He said with a smirk. I looked at him in disbelief, how could he ask for my baby!

"No! That is out of line."

"It's that or you tell mister mysterious."

I groaned out loud before nodding. How dare he use the crush card, but knowing Jaime he'd be willing to stoop that low.