Chapter 11 | the date

I woke up from a knock on my window. I got up and opened it wide to be shoved to the floor by a heavy Camillo. He strangled me as we fell.

"Woah!"

I brushed away the hair from my face and looked at Camillo, "Hi?"

"Hi." He breathed out before diving in to kiss me. His soft lips pressed against mine. I felt his hand reach for my face and I wrap my arms around him. It was a sweet exhilaration and I'm not complaining if I get to wake up like this everyday.

Camillo pulled away and looked at me with his beautiful eyes, I brushed away the graceful curls from his face and kissed him on the forehead.

"Why are you here anyway?"

He smiled before rolling off me and sitting down beside my bed while I got up and crossed my legs facing him.

"I just wanted to see you, that's all." He said simply, I felt myself smile as I looked at his bashful face.

"Aren't you charming." I said with a soft voice, I saw him turn red and I smirked. "What do you want to do today?" I asked before getting up and holding out a hand. Camillo gladly took it and squeezed it tight.

"I have something planned." He said and I nodded before basically shoving him out of my room.

"Great! Let me get dressed first." I closed the door and changed into my everyday clothes and put a little marigold into my hair. I fixed my room so that I could avoid getting yelled at by Mama. I opened the door and fixed my hair and turned to Camillo.

"Alright, I'm rea-" I looked around to see Camillo was nowhere to be found, "-dy?"

I walked over to the kitchen to see him basically being pampered and pestered by Mama. "What the heck."

Camillo turned to me in his seat and waved awkwardly as he looked over to my mother who was busy cooking breakfast. I grabbed a seat beside him and gave him a quizzical look.

Camillo shrugged, "She just dragged me here. It all happened so fast." He said, whispering the last part. I giggled and nodded.

"That's Mama for you."

"You didn't tell me your boyfriend came to visit, Mijita." Mama said and turned to us with the bread and the soup in a bowl and placed it on the table. She looked at me with a smirk knowing my secret was blown.

I laughed nervously, "We're not dating yet, Mama." I said, Camillo sitting there with a nervous smile. 

Mama rested a hand on her hip and looked at me with a 'really?' face. "From the fighting the other night, you sounded like a couple to me." She said confidently, making both me and Camillo laugh.

"Camillo wanted to court for me." I told her. 

Mama gasped and gave Camillo a happy smile before leaning to my ear, "This one's a keeper, Mija." She whispered before leaving the kitchen to tell Papa the news. 

"Yeah." I said with a breath.

"You must have gotten it from her." Camillo started with a mouth full, I turned to him with a raised brow.

"Huh?"

"Your guessing skills. You're the only one who finds out my shape shifting in less than 6 seconds." He pointed out.

"Yeah maybe I did." I said giving it thought.

...

"So where is this plan of yours?" I asked as I was getting dragged by Camillo along the stone road. He looked back to me before facing what was up ahead.