Chapter 7 | Carimañola Cariña

His words somehow stroke a string in my heart. Reminded me of a promise I made to myself.

A dying wish is what I'd call it really.

It was at that time of day where the sky was changing from day to night that short hour where everything was a dull or grey color. The air felt blue and dim but there was still tint of light.

It was exactly how I felt.

Camillo showed me a piece of his ever so confusing character that he was. From afar I thought I knew exactly who Camillo Madrigal was.

But who would have known I would be sitting on a tree branch and hearing him confess even though a whisper a part of which I never knew.

When night spread across the sky and the stars began to twinkle. I looked over to Camillo and tapped his shoulder.

Once he looked up I pointed at the stars.

"Can you see the bright one?" I asked him. Camillo leaned closer to me as he followed where I was pointing.

He hummed a response.

"My mother said that star appeared for the first time when I was born. It was part of constellation." I then pointed at the other bright stars beside it.

"Together it formed," I pointed at each star and from the corner of my eye I saw Camillo following each star I was pointing at.

"A- what is that?"

"She said it was our family emblem. Symbol of luck and whatnot." I scoffed at the explanation.

"Just kidding. I forgot what it was called I dozed off before Mom could explain." I confessed making Camillo laugh.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure it's special."

"Or it could be total nonsense." I added Camillo chuckled before climbing down the tree.

When we got down the tree and were now walking back to Casita I realized how late it has gotten. I turned to Camillo, "I should go, I don't want to worry my family." Camillo nodded.

"I can walk you home." He offered but I held up a hand to stop him.

"Your family needs you right now. I'll be fine, if anyone tries to hurt me they don't know what's coming for them." I joked pretending to box, hitting the thin air. Camillo laughed and suddenly pulled me into an embrace.

"Okay, Cariña, See you tomorrow?" He said letting go but his hand was still holding on to mine.

I nodded, "Yup! I still have to talk to Mirabel. If she's willing to talk that is." I said knowing I need to apologize and that I need to be a good friend for Mirabel. Camillo looked down on the ground before kissing my hand and letting go.

"Good night. Have a good rest, and drink some water, I haven't seen you drink some since this morning, and-" He said waiting for me to walk home.

"Good night, Camillo. You can pamper me tomorrow." I said with a smirk, not realizing the blush that was creeping on his cheeks.

I continued walking down the quiet road of probably sleeping neighbors.

Camillo likes me or did. I thought to myself, letting out a giddy dance knowing no one was watching. Either way he liked or likes me.Why is it so complicated. Goodness, how was I able to keep calm during that.

Man, Y/n you're amazing. I said to myself, practically whispering while talking to myself at this point.

If only the rest of the day was not a complete disaster, today would have been the best day ever.