"Surprisingly, yeah. Felt really refreshing when I ruined Claude's little date."

"You have serious problems."

The raven-haired laughed as the denim jacket, suspended from his hand, swayed, "I saw you talking to Nick. You guys finally getting along?"

I mused at him strangely, "Finally?"

"Yeah. I'm not fuckin' dumb , I saw how tense you two were."

"Then...sort of I guess. He doesn't talk to me much."

"What were you two talking about before I came?"

"Me being nineteen," I deadpanned, admixing my voice with a bitter tone to hint that I was still mad at him for choosing that number of years. "I had to ask him about his age because I wanted to start a conversation."

Mammon took his keys out of his pocket as we got closer to the door, the metal heads hitting off of each other, as though in conflict of who was going to be selected.

"That's dumb. Nick's like that though. He doesn't really like talking much. You'll be friends sooner or later."

"Or not at all," I whispered as I espied the brown door the woman, who rouged Nikolai's cheeks, was standing at. There was a coir "go away" mat laying crooked ahead of her door—which probably pertained to everyone, but Nikolai.

The raven-haired had opened the front door, and we both entered the apartment. I knew I hadn't lived here long, but coming back to this apartment gave me a scintilla of relief. It was nice: when I was in need of repose, I thought of this arctic apartment, and not Heaven. I used the top of the sole to pull off my shoes, and left them on the black mat before shuffling over to the couch, leaving Mammon to do the same.

I wanted to see this as an obstacle with a reward behind it—the reward being that we would be able to trust each other more, and speak whatever had daunted our mind. But I knew I could lose it. It all depended on him.

"I'm gonna' go take a shower and maybe a nap. You gonna' stay here angel?"

"Wait...Mammon- I want to talk to you about something."

"Alright?" He made his way to the couch at right angles to the one I was sitting at. "What about?"

"I heard the conversation," I revealed in an unintended tremulous voice.

"What?"

"When you...thought I was asleep."

The raven-haired sat there, mute, as I stared at him, Adam's apple bobbing as I gulped. I was practically at the edge of my seat—and I meant that literally. I studied every small and nugatory movement of his, endeavouring to figure out what he was feeling, or what he was going to do. His stone-still body went against his grey eyes that were shuddering—but you had to stare awhile to even realise.

I had noted that whenever Mammon was angry, or hurt, his body would instinctively close in on his core, resulting in him becoming this emotionless figure. I found it sort of scary, how he could scour his body of any emotion in an instant. But his eyes betrayed him. His eyes were the voice of his core. I knew he didn't know how to respond. I knew he was struggling to think of a way to get out of this.

All of a sudden, Mammon stood up from the pewter green couch, with his fists tightened. "If you really heard it, you would know that I'm leaving Crimson...so there's no fucking need for this conversation."

I didn't panic, I knew this would happen, "I know you're leaving but still- I just want to talk about it."

"What is there to fucking talk about?" His upper lip curled in contempt. "I said that I was leaving, shouldn't you just be fucking happy that I am?"