Chapter 61: Hae-In (3)

***Solaris's Viewpoint***

Wait a minute, that name sounds like that one person who befriended me, despite the difficult circumstances. Sung Ji-Eun... so you're Helia Aryss Heliontha now? How come I didn't recognize you, despite your close friend?

"You're really Ji-Eun?"

"Yes, it's me. We're finally together now Hae-in!" She replied in a welcoming tone that tears started to roll down my cheeks. I hurriedly hugged her and she rubbed my back. "Hae-in-- no, I should call you Solaris now. I'm sorry for being unable to protect you... I know what kind of person your mother was but I still let her do those things to you..."

"It's me who should apologize." I faintly smiled. "I should've told you in advance before I left... Ji-Eun, you were the best friend I could ever have... even if you kept pairing me with your childhood friend, I still want you to be my friend." Deim's eyebrows furrowed hearing the last sentence that I giggled.

Sorry Deim, I couldn't stop Ji-Eun's pushiness.

"What was his name again?" I curiously asked, suppressing my laugh.

"I think it was Min-hyuk?" Alleria gasped in surprise that caught our attention.

"M-Min-hyuk? You mean that idol Min-Hyuk?!" She squealed. "Ack, why didn't you tell me about him Helia? I'm a fan; how he was handsome and talented at the same time!!" Helia and I sweatdropped at her childishness.

"Yeah, I'm his childhood friend. He wanted to have a girlfriend who wouldn't suck up to him just because of his popularity so I told him about Hae-in. He got excited and pestered me almost all the time just so he could go on a date with her." Helia blabbered that we sensed a dangerous aura around Brother Licht and Deim.

W-What is this? Why are they suddenly like that?

"B-Brother Licht? D-Deim?" I nervously called them out.

"He dared to covet my precious little sister? Hah, I'm glad I wasn't there or I could've killed him mercilessly..."

"So Sol attracts annoying flies even in another world, I sure am surprised. I didn't think I was just one of her suitors that can make up an entire country."

"Correction, everyone in that world admired her." Helia said.

Helia, you're making it worse! Alleria, could you at least help me ease the tension of this room? I just woke up for Pete's sake, how am I supposed to relax with these guys here?!

"I agree, just seeing her pictures on the internet made me in love even if I'm a girl myself."

Helia!! Ugh, these girls are testing me! Don't they know already that Deim is the possessive type?

"Actually Deim, Brother, they usually bullied me when they got the chance. Don't believe any of their nonsense, I prefer this life 'cause I have the both of you and the others!" I managed to muster up and stood up. I walked towards them and embraced each of them. "Calm down, I'm now back to where I really belong."

"Yes, you're right." Brother Licht replied.

"Can I have a kiss too?" Deim asked that I glared at him. "You can do it here." He pointed at his cheek that I balked.

Oh no, Brother Licht will scold me nonstop for a day if I did!! No, no, I wouldn't last an hour in his torture.

"Why don't you ask my twin sister instead? You seemed to be in love with her like what I heard in the humors for the last six months." I crossed my arms and pouted that he swiftly kissed my forehead and leaned his face to mine. My face heated up that I covered it with my hands.

Why did he do that so suddenly? Ugh, my heart feels like it's gonna burst!

"Y-You... pervert!!" I screamed and stepped back.

"Don't be shy Sol, you already told me that you love me." I blushed harder.

"H-How dare you!! Brother Licht, why aren't you saying anything?"

"He's right Solaris, even I heard it. But Deim, you can stop there. Don't you remember that she could only be committed to you when she turns twenty?"

"Yeah, yeah, the 30th law of the Ancient Aetherian Law: An imperial princess shall only be married when she reaches two decades of age. The 31st law: The unmarried prince and princess shan't reside in the same dwelling."

"There's a rule like that?" I asked in wonder.

"Yes, only the heir to the respective empires can access it. I'm the Crown Prince of Heliontha while he's the Crown Prince of Lunaria so it is only normal to learn and memorize it so we couldn't abuse our influence. If ever one of us breaks just one of the laws, it'll be considered taboo and natural calamities will occur."

Whoa, that's so cool. That's why Helia and I don't know about it. That means I could escape from Deim's clutches?

"Brother, can we leave this palace now?"

"Of course, I've waited for you to say that."

"Just wait, Solaris will stay here. It won't be long before our engagement is approved."

"Shut up Deim! Brother, let's go!" I went behind him and held his hand. "I wanna get outta here before he thinks of weird things to do with me..." I shuddered that they all laughed. "What? I'm just preparing for the worst."

"Aww Sol, you're just too cute!--Deim

"Crown Prince Deimos, tease her more!"--Helia

"Yeah, spread that pinkish atmosphere!"--Alleria

We all gulped when we saw an ominous dark aura surrounding Brother Licht. He was smiling wryly but his eyes clearly showed annoyance. Imaginary horns sprouted from his head that we all stepped back.

"Brother?"

"You dare flirt with my sister in front of me? Are you courting death, Crown Prince Deimos?"

"I... uh... was that really flirting? I just complimented your sister, nothing more."

"What an overbearing siscon..." Alleria muttered under her breath but soon stiffened when she accidentally locked eyes with my brother. "Uhmm... I... uhmm... Solaris, help..!"

"What did you just call me, Alleria? If not for our blood relations and my sister's fondness of you, I would've discarded you a long time ago..."She hurriedly kowtowed before my brother in desperation and panic.

"I apologize Your Imperial Highness, this lowly lady from the Sirius Grand Ducal household has made a mistake..!"

Tsk, how can brother be this harsh? I think I should step up for her now...

"It was just a slip of the tongue Brother, don't mind it. You know you're the best brother in the world!!" They all cleared their throat that confused me, so I tilted my head to the side. "Do you all have mild coughs? You should've told me, I could've fetched a doctor and let him treat you." I worriedly told them.

"Oh no Solaris, we were just reminded of something."--Helia

"Yeah, that's right."--Alleria

"Hn, I concur. Solaris, shall we go home?"--Brother Licht

"Yes!"

(A/N: This is the end for the 1st season.)