Chapter 13: Meeting (2)

***Deimos's Viewpoint***

"Your Imperial Highness, this servant delivers an important news." Butler Joe said as he bowed.

"What is it? Is it news regarding Heliontha?"

"That is correct. The spies you planted reported that the Helionthan Crown Prince returned to Al Sol Palace with the supposed-to-be cursed princess. What's surprising is that the Imperial Princess is well and awake. Should we go there ourselves, Your Imperial Highness?"

"You mean that the curse is lifted? That's strange. Even the Great Archmage Betelgeuse couldn't revoke it so who did? Butler Joe, stay here and continue my paperwork. I'll go there with my brother." I snapped my fingers and teleported at my brother's office.

"Oh brother, what brings you here?"

"Have you heard any news regarding the Imperial Princess?" He tilted his head in confusion.

He haven't? I thought he also sent spies to Heliontha.

"Nevermind, just come with me. It seems I've found the future Crown Princess." I smirked and we teleported to the entrance hall of Sunni Palace. When Princess Helia saw us, she dismissed her maids and walked towards us.

"Endless glory to the stars of Lunaria, this humble lower princess of Heliontha greets Your Imperial Highnesses the Crown Prince and the Second Prince."

She's kinda pretty, too bad my father disapproves of her being my fiancée. Well, she anticipated the Imperial Princess's return a few months ago. She even promised to help me get closer to her.

"Yeah, enough with that. Hearing the Imperial Princess's homecoming, I guess your plan is finally in motion." She chuckled. "Why are you doing this by the way?"

"You could call me crazy but I just want to. Besides, where's the fun in telling you? It might ruin the surprise. She's currently walking along the corridor so you should kidnap her into a room. This will make your encounter more thrilling and you could get the claim on her first."

She already planned all of that? What is she scheming, asking me to kidnap the Imperial Princess?

"Isn't that treason? You know that if the Emperor finds out, he will wage war against Lunaria along with the other three empires? It's too risky just to make her like me."

"Yeah but don't worry, I'll be your witness. If you won't do it, who knows who will do it to her first? You know that the news about her has already spread out and the other Crown Princes are slowly making their move to woo her. Everyone is interested just hearing about the Imperial Princess who was cursed has awakened."

Her plan proposal is tempting but I still have to be in guard. Who knows what her motives are.

"You? What will you be doing?"

"Of course, I plan on watching from the sidelines. I assure you, I just want the best for everyone. I'll take my leave now Your Imperial Highness, my maids must've already finished the popcorn. Endless glory to the stars of Lunaria, Crown Prince Deimos Rocher diRiviére Lunaria and Second Prince Phobos Fier diRiviére Lunaria!" She curtsied and left in a hurry.

"What do you think Fier? Does she seem suspicious?" I asked as I glanced to my little brother's direction.

"I don't think so brother, she seemed to be telling the truth. The only thing I found suspicious is how she's willing to do all this to make the Imperial Princess end up with you. What is her motive? Is that really all there is to it, just for entertainment?" I concurred.

Princess Helia, being the daughter of the Emperor and the Empress Consort, has always been an outcast just for the failure of inheriting the signs of the Imperial bloodline. Is she planning to marry her half-sister off so she could be the Crown Princess when the Crown Prince becomes the Emperor?

"Fier, can you tell the Emperor of Heliontha that we are here to ask for the Imperial Princess's hand in marriage? I'm certain that he'll agree, I'm the future Emperor of Lunaria after all."

"Understood brother, I shall also take my leave." He disappeared and I went to the Imperial Princess's location.

I paused when I saw a girl with golden blonde hair and golden eyes that my mouth was agape.

So that's the Imperial Princess? Her beauty is ethereal, like a goddess that descended from the heavens. Even her blank expression is beautiful, will she be more stunning if she smiles? I wonder if I could really woo someone like her.

I finally snapped out of it; I reached out to my coat pocket to get my handkerchief and slowly went behind the Imperial Princess. When I was about two steps away from her, I hurriedly covered her mouth so she couldn't make a sound and dragged her to a room Princess Helia prepared beforehand.

I tried scaring her with words but she wasn't fazed at all. Instead, she argued with me with a cold tone that amazed me.

I now understand why her half-sister pushed me to her, she's more untamable than any beasts. Her will is strong; she gives off a cold aura despite signifying the sun itself.

She triggered my short temper that I grabbed her neck. I almost shouted at her when Princess Helia came just in time and stopped me. She shouted some confusing words and even insulted me. I hurriedly left and my little brother followed.

'This wasn't what it was supposed to be!'

What did she mean by that? Did she perhaps foresee the future?

'Why would I fear him when he acts like a cat?'

I took a look at my handkerchief.

I can't believe I used this on her face, should I keep this all to myself?

"Brother, the Emperor accepted our proposal." Fier informed me with a smirk.

"I'm glad but did you threaten him in any way? Like us waging war on them or kidnapping her daughter?" I asked that he sweatdropped and shifted his gaze.

I knew it, now the Imperial Princess will hate me more for this.